• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Embiid needs a bonafide 2nd option type player like Trae does.  Preferably a high level guard.  Harden fits good with him because James is a very good passer in the half court offense and can shoot the 3, which allows Embiid to roam the middle out to the 3 point line.

I'm almost anti-trade Trae for just about any player in the league.  But if you're talking about Giannis or Embiid, I don't know how you pass that up while also giving up young pieces. 

As of right now, we're stuck in quicksand until one of the pieces on the team improves rapidly to help Trae out.  We thought Murray could be the guy ( and still can ), but he needs some changes in his game to serve the team better.

Preferably, Hunter needs to be the guy that takes that big leap to being a borderline All-Star player. That way, we have the big wing that could be a force offensively while also improving his defene.

Yeah Dre will take that leap to borderline Allstar just like JC did.. smh

Good luck with that..

Cam is gone. Kev is gone.. And Im afraid Dre is who he is at this point......

Next up is AJ, JJ, I guess..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

SMDH....It doesn't matter how good the contract is if you can't count on him to be on the floor.  This is a 180 from what the team was thinking pre-Huerter trade.  You had Huerter at almost this exact same money locked up.

Compound stupidity.  If he's healthy/plays/great contract. If he's out or shell-Bogi....really really dumb.

Yeah Im trying to find positives in this extension by giving the new FO the benefit of th doubt, but its hard... lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

Hes even worse on defense and never gets to the free throw line

Neither does our new starting 2 guard....

How are you gonna be a scoring guard that never draws fouls? smh

At least Kev spaced the floor on O and his playmaking was just as good as Murray's imo without the stupid turnovers...

Edited by terrell

52 minutes ago, terrell said:

Neither does our new starting 2 guard....

How are you gonna be a scoring guard that never draws fouls? smh

At least Kev spaced the floor on O and his playmaking was just as good as Murray's imo without the stupid turnovers...

Murray is a superior defender to Kevin even at the 2. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

Why does one have to be moved? 

To avoid the tax this season someone had to be moved.  Didn’t have to happen until the trade deadline but that was the motive for the move.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wonder who the core for Quin is moving forward. Based on the tea leaves I believe these guys are locked in for at least the next two years:

Trae

Bogi

Onyeka

Jalen

Others?

Hot seat:

AJ

CC

Dre?

JC

No clue:

DJ

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

To avoid the tax this season someone had to be moved.  Didn’t have to happen until the trade deadline but that was the motive for the move.

I started to answer, but then realized... pretty sure bleach was making a statement more than he was asking a question. We've only beaten this issue to death about a dozen times by now, no?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Wonder who the core for Quin is moving forward. Based on the tea leaves I believe these guys are locked in for at least the next two years:

Trae

Bogi

Onyeka

Jalen

Others?

Hot seat:

AJ

CC

Dre?

JC

No clue:

DJ

I would think AJ is 100% safe (which to me means he is only moved in response to a “good” offer just like everyone else).  He looks to be an amazing value on his contract the next 3 years and I’m all on board with his talent and upside.  Figure Quinn should be sharp enough to be high on him as well even if he isn’t playing him at the moment.  I don’t take that as a shot at AJ.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wondering if young Landry was asked the pivotal question, "Why are you so confident of BogBog's health?"

That is absolutely the pivotal question.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So the first year kicks in after this season and last year is team option.  I went from not liking this deal to being Ok with it. 

To me a perfect deal would have been three years with the last year being a team option. We give Bogi next year to prove he can be healthy and if he can't he's essentially in a contract year the following year and very tradeable.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Decreasing money while last year being a team option? This deal is fine, and all the trade Trae talk is wild. He ain't going anywhere lol

Bogi is gonna take up 8-9% of our cap in 3 years which is not bad at all for what he brings.

I'm liking how Landry is making the team his own instead of trying to replicate the warriors like TS did

• Like 1

• Premium Member
  • 23-24  Was already a player option year, and almost certainly going to be picked up regardless
  • 24-25  New commitment made... how's his knees after another 82 games in 23-24?... if not so good, sorry, Landry, you're stuck.
  • 25-26  New commitment made... how's his knees after another 82 games in 24-25?... wanna trade him now?... you'll have to wait until February, and until then, the contract will keep you handcuffed in improving the team
  • 26-27  Team option

Here's the saving grace, mentioned in my earliest post... by 24-25 we're likely to have a sense for how the next broadcast deals pay out.

And so, it's plausible that today's $18m is more like $9m, given the projections about how the salary cap is anticipated to expand.

It's a lot, but it's not as much.

I'm still wanting to know that Quin wanted this, as opposed to, "Well, if you guys feel so strongly about it, I'll go along."

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, akay said:

I'm liking how Landry is making the team his own instead of trying to replicate the warriors like TS did

Each person can decide for him/herself how much the decision is Landry's, or someone else's or someones, plural.

Until there is evidence to the contrary, I'll assume Ressler's continued his policy of leaving so much ambiguity in the basketball ops offices about authority, that he wears the proverbial Cheshire cat smile in that respect. His interview with Schultz just dug that hole deeper from where I sit.

And while I get the suggestion that every championship team has its own specific recipe, pardon that I disagree that it's a bad idea for a person who has seen success to presume he should not try to copy some of the broad philosophies of that successful experience.

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm still wanting to know that Quin wanted this, as opposed to, "Well, if you guys feel so strongly about it, I'll go along."

Could it be that instead Quin pushed for Bogi to be extended?  Bey and Bogi off the bench has been a bright spot since he took over.