• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

6 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

The knee surgery he had was supposed to help him avoid missing games? He really hasn't missed more than just a few games since then. I appreciate the sentiment of selling high, and I'm not opposed to moving Bogi if we can get something better in return, but it's gonna be tough we can do that because he's extremely valueable to th eteam atm. Without him we have zero bench scoring. 

Injuries are really difficult to gage based off an athlete's comments.  Hope his knee is close to 100% and he is definitely looking good out there, but let's see if things sustain a full season.  If you ever listen to athletes talk about their last couple years playing some of them knew their knees were shot, but they don't tell you that until a few years after retirement.  

I definitely understand the sell high thinking with Bogi.  Just depends on the offers.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JTB said:

Personally I think it’s Quinn’s system. Bogi just fits this style better and he’s knows where his shots are in this scheme. Bogi is just comfortable…I can honestly see him keeping up this level of play.

I wouldn’t compare Bogi under Nate to Bogi under Synder personally because Nate didn’t know how to use him.

im not saying don’t trade him but what’s the point I guess is what I’m trying to understand. I personally say trade away Murray to get more value back if we are going to pick a SG to place on the trade block.

I’m saying he won’t stay healthy to keep up this level of play over a whole season. 

When he plays, he plays great. But he keeps missing nearly 20-30 something games every regular season, and sometimes postseason. 
It has been when, not if, he is out with injuries. 

Someone mentioned that Bogi had more trade value than Murray right now. If following that logic, I’m just making a case that if we want better trades, we need to trade players with better value instead of proposing low value players. 

Bogi is an ideal trade option IMO bc his value is high, and I’m predicting that he will get injured and his value will drop. Sell high and let him miss time on another team. 

8 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

The knee surgery he had was supposed to help him avoid missing games? He really hasn't missed more than just a few games since then. I appreciate the sentiment of selling high, and I'm not opposed to moving Bogi if we can get something better in return, but it's gonna be tough we can do that because he's extremely valueable to th eteam atm. Without him we have zero bench scoring. 

I hope you’re right, though it did take him longer to recover than expected (3 month recovery took 5 1/2 months). It made me nervous seeing playing FIBA during the offseason. 

You’re right, though, he is so valuable to us right now that it would be hard to let him go. We’re so thin, losing anyone will hurt. If JJ were healthy and AJ holding his weight, we’d be ok between AJ and Bey. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I hate to say this because I love Bogi but this is by far the best time to sell high on him. We could easily replace at least some of our assets we lost in the DJM trade for him. 

I'm not pushing out the door but if we moved him for the right haul back I would totally understand it.

Bogi is easily the 6th man of the year and is healthy. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I hate to say this because I love Bogi but this is by far the best time to sell high on him. We could easily replace at least some of our assets we lost in the DJM trade for him. 

I'm not pushing out the door but if we moved him for the right haul back I would totally understand it.

I understand but why not just trade away Murray instead and put Bogi back in the starting lineup?

Murray may be more talented than Bogi overall but Bogi fits Quinn’s system better.

i get that Bogi is injury prone but I don’t believe health is the only reason he’s having such a great season. He’s also playing this well because he simply just fits this whole scheme better than anyone else on the team. Nate didn’t know how to use Bogi and now that we have a coach who does, Bogi is flourishing.

No one else wants to admit it but Bogi is the better offensive two guard in Atlanta not Murray.

If we do trade Bogi , we need to package him with Hunter or CC and actually get back players who can make real impact but I would rather trade Murray since we aren’t getting what we traded for out of him unfortunately.

It’s odd to me because Murray just isn’t making the impact under Quinn I expected from him. I love that he took a paycut to stay but something is missing.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

It would be hard to turn the right offer down.  Philly has three picks from the Harden trade.  OKC might want to make a run this year.  Any team with assets looking to move up the food chain.  
Last year Bogi had no value.  This opportunity may never happen at this level again.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JTB said:

I understand but why not just trade away Murray instead and put Bogi back in the starting lineup?

Murray may be more talented than Bogi overall but Bogi fits Quinn’s system better.

i get that Bogi is injury prone but I don’t believe health is the only reason he’s having such a great season. He’s also playing this well because he simply just fits this whole scheme better than anyone else on the team. Nate didn’t know how to use Bogi and now that we have a coach who does, Bogi is flourishing.

No one else wants to admit it but Bogi is the better offensive two guard in Atlanta not Murray.

If we do trade Bogi , we need to package him with Hunter or CC and actually get back players who can make real impact but I would rather trade Murray since we aren’t getting what we traded for out of him unfortunately.

It’s odd to me because Murray just isn’t making the impact under Quinn I expected from him. I love that he took a paycut to stay but something is missing.

This is the way. I would trade whoever has more value for some defensive help and put the other one at the starting 2.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...