• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

So after this FIBA run the trade value of two Hawks players went up, Bogi the most. I still don't predict a trade happening before the season at this point. But you have to give it to Bogi for having a great run. He really is an offensive dynamo when his knees are good.

Didn’t follow FIBA games.  What other Hawk played well?  Bruno?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Me in my house as soon as I hear the name ..

PATTTTTTTAAAYYYYY MILLLLLSSSS 😃 (Scottish accent)..

girlwife: 🙄 you sound like a leprechaun 🍀 

me: 🤨 

Don't listen to her.  You know she's always after your lucky charms.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I love brate but will say his trade value could be at an all time high. @kg01 wanna get Siakam? 🏃‍♀️ 

Toronto desperately needs 3 point shooting. Bogi will be the guy they'd take, while we keep AJ.

And now, it's just a 2 for 1 trade for me.

Bogi + Hunter = Siakam

Bogi + Capela = Siakam

This opens up PT for AJ

Trae - DJ - Bufkin

DJ - AJ - Bufkin

Bey - AJ - JJ

Siakam - JJ -  Bey 

Okongwu - Capela - Bruno

Or

Trae - DJ - Bufkin

DJ - AJ - Bufkin

Hunter - Bey - AJ/JJ

Siakam - JJ -  Bey 

Okongwu - Bruno

• Like 4

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Toronto desperately needs 3 point shooting. Bogi will be the guy they'd take, while we keep AJ.

And now, it's just a 2 for 1 trade for me.

Bogi + Hunter = Siakam

Bogi + Capela = Siakam

This opens up PT for AJ

Trae - DJ - Bufkin

DJ - AJ - Bufkin

Bey - AJ - JJ

Siakam - JJ -  Bey 

Okongwu - Capela - Bruno

Or

Trae - DJ - Bufkin

DJ - AJ - Bufkin

Hunter - Bey - AJ/JJ

Siakam - JJ -  Bey 

Okongwu - Bruno

I would be on board with either of these.  Probably ok with a future pick or Kobe coming in too if they want to expand the deal a bit.

• Like 2

Um, I’m keeping Bogi over AJ, all day, everyday and twice on Sunday.

I get the long term investment, but again, we are a team that needs more veteran players, not less.

The younger we get, the more we will continue to remain static and/or regress.

Bogi, when on, plays like our 2nd or 3rd best player. AJ has moments, but is far from that right now. We don’t have to trade either, and I would much rather hold on to our shooters, but Bogi is settled in to this league and is very affordable. He will not raise his price tag. If AJ becomes who people want him to be, his going rate is even higher than JC’s was.

If the Raps want AJ, give them AJ. Bogi helps us much more right now, which is the only reason you trade for a Siakam in the first place, to win now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I get the long term investment, but again, we are a team that needs more veteran players, not less.

Bogi, when on, plays like our 2nd or 3rd best player. AJ has moments, but is far from that right now. We don’t have to trade either, and I would much rather hold on to our shooters, but Bogi is settled in to this league and is very affordable. He will not raise his price tag. If AJ becomes who people want him to be, his going rate is even higher than JC’s was.

If the Raps want AJ, give them AJ. Bogi helps us much more right now, which is the only reason you trade for a Siakam in the first place, to win now. 

You also have to match salaries and give Toronto what they need.  I don't think Hunter moves the needle for them but Bogi does.  But that is me purely speculating.  None of us have been on the line with Toronto to know what they are really seeking but we do know that things went cold from their end and there were at least reports that this would heat back up at a later time when other player became trade eligible which is part of why I'm speculating along that line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

AJ was unplayable more than not, if folks are being honest.  And let's not even get into the weird social media stuff.... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1