• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

• Moderators

From your last post, it sounds like we may be closer on this than I thought.  If you are talking about Quinn and Fields coming to agreement on top priorities for the team (who needs to be moved, where we need help, how we want the team constructed, etc.) and then Fields does the work and makes the calls in consultation with his scouts and staff and decides what trades get made, who we draft, etc. then perhaps this works out in a very similar fashion for both of us.  I don’t want my coach deciding whether to trade future picks, etc. but if the “architect” role you envision isn’t making decisions like that (ie those are execution decisions for the builder / contractor) then we are probably very close to each other on this one and it is more a matter of how we each describe the role of Quinn and Fields rather than a difference in how things are (or at least in our minds should) be done.  

If not, then agree to disagree.

• 1 month later...

His knee will always concern me, but if we can monitor his regular season minutes while letting him go all out in shorter runs, I am a big fan off his effort in the playoffs especially his late game defense in game 5.

I really want to get that version of Bogi every game, and if it means less of him per night, then I’m okay.

Bogi is similar to a White or Brogdon in his ability to have “Star” impact/production any given night, just not every night. But you need guys like that. He elevates his play as the stakes increase.

Long term it was the right choice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wow.  That was much higher than his overall efg%!  Speaks to just how good he is on catch and shoots when that is his % on contested ones.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

As many NBA players are migrating to Europe this summer, the press couldn’t help but consider if veteran Bogdan Bogdanovic might want to return to play in his home back in Serbia before he ends his career. However, the 30-year-old just signed a four-year extension in Atlanta and revealed that the team eventually hopes to sign him until he retires.

“They told me they want to keep me until the end of my career. So, I’m working there. I like the atmosphere and what we’re creating year by year. It’s been up and down, but I feel like we’ll get better,” he said this week.

With Bogi being a constant three-point threat in the league, why wouldn’t they want to keep him in Georgia for as long as they can? Check out his last season’s best highlights with the Hawks jersey:

https://www.basketballinsiders.com/news/they-told-me-they-want-to-keep-me-until-the-end-of-my-career-bogdan-bogdanovic-before-signing-four-year-extension-with-hawks/

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As many NBA players are migrating to Europe this summer, the press couldn’t help but consider if veteran Bogdan Bogdanovic might want to return to play in his home back in Serbia before he ends his career. However, the 30-year-old just signed a four-year extension in Atlanta and revealed that the team eventually hopes to sign him until he retires.

“They told me they want to keep me until the end of my career. So, I’m working there. I like the atmosphere and what we’re creating year by year. It’s been up and down, but I feel like we’ll get better,” he said this week.

With Bogi being a constant three-point threat in the league, why wouldn’t they want to keep him in Georgia for as long as they can? Check out his last season’s best highlights with the Hawks jersey:

https://www.basketballinsiders.com/news/they-told-me-they-want-to-keep-me-until-the-end-of-my-career-bogdan-bogdanovic-before-signing-four-year-extension-with-hawks/

That sounds good and all, Bogi, but my company told me the same thing before they laid my arse off. At the end of the day, there is no loyalty when it comes to business. I hope he is prepared for that reality if he doesn’t retire a Hawk.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That sounds good and all, Bogi, but my company told me the same thing before they laid my arse off. At the end of the day, there is no loyalty when it comes to business. I hope he is prepared for that reality if he doesn’t retire a Hawk.

Very true and there is a long path from now until the end of Bogi's career.  Most people don't stay with the same team that long.  So no matter how much he loves Atlanta and Atlanta loves him, there may be a point where it makes sense for a trade to happen ala what we saw with Kyle Korver moving on from Atlanta.  

For me, what I take away from that is it makes me feel less likely that the Hawks would move Bogi this offseason. There have been rumors about the Hawks looking to include him in hypothetical deals when he becomes trade eligible and I view those as being less probable after hearing this.  (Which doesn't mean something couldn't happen.  If 90's MJ shows up, everyone on the roster suddenly becomes available.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well, to be fair, taking the interns to Magic City probably didn't put you on the fast track.

On a serious note though, you're right.  I hope it works out for Bogi being here but I do feel its more likely they're gonna have an uncomfortable conversation that ends with, "But hey, keep in touch and we'll link back up once you retire." 

• Haha 1