• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd rather have Bogi than AJ.  Come at me ... 

Raps fans want both Bogi and AJ (plus Bufkin and picks). :laugh1:

In a 3pt shooting league and for a team that was low volume until Quin, how does it make sense for the Hawks to trade both their best 3pt shooters. SMH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Raps fans want both Bogi and AJ (plus Bufkin and picks). :laugh1:

In a 3pt shooting league and for a team that was low volume until Quin, how does it make sense for the Hawks to trade both their best 3pt shooters. SMH.

If they didn't want AJ I'm not sure why they would want Bogi. 

I don't even try to understand the thought process there in Toronto.

They are really pushing the envelope here with all these guys needing extensions and no clarity on playing time.

I'll tell you right now, Scottie Barnes is not going to appreciate Siakam going for All-NBA every night.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
On 9/16/2023 at 7:55 AM, theheroatl said:

If they didn't want AJ I'm not sure why they would want Bogi. 

I don't even try to understand the thought process there in Toronto.

They are really pushing the envelope here with all these guys needing extensions and no clarity on playing time.

I'll tell you right now, Scottie Barnes is not going to appreciate Siakam going for All-NBA every night.

Did they not want AJ or did they want him but they wanted more than what they were offered?  

We are all speculating.  

On 9/15/2023 at 5:46 PM, kg01 said:

AJ was unplayable more than not, if folks are being honest.  And let's not even get into the weird social media stuff.... 

As far as rookies go, I think he was pretty remarkably consistent and productive.  Very strong start to his career from my perspective.  He and Kobe are just a couple weeks apart in age so he did it at a very young age too.  I'm still very high on AJ.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

As far as rookies go, I think he was pretty remarkably consistent and productive.  Very strong start to his career from my perspective.  He and Kobe are just a couple weeks apart in age so he did it at a very young age too.  I'm still very high on AJ.

He played like a vet most of the time.  Don't get the unplayable comment.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Did they not want AJ or did they want him but they wanted more than what they were offered?  

We are all speculating.  

AJ will be a star.. mark this post.

I'm very high on AJ.. the best prospect we've had since Trae IMO.

Edited by theheroatl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 1:12 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20231023_130839_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20231023_130910_Samsung Internet.jpg

I’m scared for Bogi starting the season healthy. If he’s healthy at the start, then he’s going to miss time later. I’d rather have post season Bogi. FIBA ball is going to come back to bite him. 

It’s been five years since he would have qualified for the 65 game award threshold, and he still missed a dozen games that season. 

• Premium Member
Just now, bird_dirt said:

I’m scared for Bogi starting the season healthy. If he’s healthy at the start, then he’s going to miss time later. I’d rather have post season Bogi. FIBA ball is going to come back to bite him. 

giphy.gif

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20231211_230434_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bogi fits Quinn’s system and he’s healthy. If we were winning games he’d be the run away sixth man winner. It doesn’t make sense to trade Bogi unless it’s in a package for true star return. Bogi has more value than Murray right now in my opinion.

• Like 1

Those are the number of games played by Bogi the past five years. 

He’s playing above his contract level now, but he won’t be later. If we don’t trade him now at his peak, people will be bitching about him and calling to trade him later when his value is low (like they have with JC, Hunter, and every other player when underperforming). 

I love what he is giving us now, but it won’t last forever. Sell high, buy low. 

(Caveat: I admit it’s much more difficult to think of trading him without AJ playing or playing well.)

20 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

He’s playing above his contract level now, but he won’t be later. If we don’t trade him now at his peak, people will be bitching about him and calling to trade him later when his value is low (like they have with JC, Hunter, and every other player when underperforming). 

(Caveat: I admit it’s much more difficult to think of trading him without AJ playing or playing well.)

Personally I think it’s Quinn’s system. Bogi just fits this style better and he’s knows where his shots are in this scheme. Bogi is just comfortable…I can honestly see him keeping up this level of play.

I wouldn’t compare Bogi under Nate to Bogi under Synder personally because Nate didn’t know how to use him.

im not saying don’t trade him but what’s the point I guess is what I’m trying to understand. I personally say trade away Murray to get more value back if we are going to pick a SG to place on the trade block.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

The knee surgery he had was supposed to help him avoid missing games? He really hasn't missed more than just a few games since then. I appreciate the sentiment of selling high, and I'm not opposed to moving Bogi if we can get something better in return, but it's gonna be tough we can do that because he's extremely valueable to th eteam atm. Without him we have zero bench scoring.