Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

Just now, NBASupes said:

Long term, he fits this role well. As long as his knees are good, we can get 6 more quality seasons out of him. His offensive value has been +2 for years and his value off the bench is massive. He makes sense in this role like Joe Ingles for Utah in his role. 

Our issues are all starter based. OO, Bey, and JJ all fit their current roles. Bogi is the only one that's locked in. He's likely never going to be a starting 2. But he's perfect in this role. 

With the salary going up significantly each season, this will feel like a full MLE deal. Maybe not a discount but definitely market value. He's the one player that we lose, we feel it for sure. 

I guess.  I just think that he won't improve defensively and unless he hot, he's tough to watch.  I think the resources should have been allocated elsewhere while thinking you're right about the cost benefit.  Meh I guess is what I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

4 years?

Why lol?

My guess, the open market for Bogi was giving his agent four year deals. You got to remember, teams generally give deals based on the market.

This is why Dre is making what he's making. 

At the end of the day, we got a lot of attractive players and JC. 

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

I guess.  I just think that he won't improve defensively and unless he hot, he's tough to watch.  I think the resources should have been allocated elsewhere while thinking you're right about the cost benefit.  Meh I guess is what I'm saying.

He's gonna be Bogi. The good and the bad. This is his market value. That's kind of how this works.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

NOTE: Bogi will NOT be trade eligible for 6 months from when he signs. So sometime after mid-September he would be trade eligible.

Which means this isn't just a potential flip move like Clint. They believe in him in this role. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Which means this isn't just a potential flip move like Clint. They believe in him in this role. 

I'm not gonna say that.  Training camp starts in late September, he can still be traded before camp begins.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Don't understand locking up the oft injured 30 year old player who has declined every year he's been on the team, but whatev. We must not be too high on AJ. Rather just have kep Huerter who at least was trending the right direction and was younger. Bogi is a good player but we need defensive players on this team and his defense just gets worse and worse. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

We must not be too high on AJ. Rather just have kep Huerter who at least was trending the right direction and was younger. Bogi is a good player but we need defensive players on this team and his defense just gets worse and worse. 

AJ is 19 and still on his rookie contract for the next 3 years. He still needs development. We still need low salary players to round out the roster.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's gonna be Bogi. The good and the bad. This is his market value. That's kind of how this works.

Meh to his market value then.  I mean good for him..but I'm not high on it.  I'm glad  Jayhawk clarified his trade status.  Lol

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

*I was thinking declining scale might be better, but I'm rethinking it.  

If it starts lower than $18 mil this year, better for us next year.  Then it rises as the cap rises over the next few years. Hopefully the final year is either non-guaranteed or partial guarantee.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

*I was thinking declining scale might be better, but I'm rethinking it.  

If it starts lower than $18 mil this year, better for us next year.  Then it rises as the cap rises over the next few years. Hopefully the final year is either non-guaranteed or partial guarantee.

Spotrac has the yearly estimates as follows:

image.png

So that will be $3 million less than his PO for next year.