• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ex Hawks - Losing contagious ?

Gray Mule

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Guys don't know what to do with the ball.   

Agreed and even if they did it just seems they can't. I've got to stop envisioning Baze driving to the hoop and slamming it home. Only one of my many painful roundball handling visions from several players now. 

I'm just saying Dwight seems to bring some bad luck. @Sothron Are you talking about Dwight and Orlando in the finals in 2009-10? That's an awful long time ago. Dwight's lost 50% of his athleticism since then. Just sayin.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Watched the end of the Celtics game last night.   Horford is a solid player, especially defensively.   They were without Thomas so maybe a little unfair but the Celtics seem about the same as they were last year.   They play as a team though.   They look like us the last two years.   They're jump shooters for the most part though.   Thomas really elevates them but that won't be enough.   

If we could get our crap together though then we can be better than most of the teams in the east below Cavs and Raps.   It's really about defense, cutting out the turnovers, and just respectable shooting.   These are all things we are capable of.

Hmmm, 30 million for 13-5-4 0blk 0stl with 2 TO on 4/12 shooting?  No thanks.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm just saying Dwight seems to bring some bad luck. @Sothron Are you talking about Dwight and Orlando in the finals in 2009-10? That's an awful long time ago. Dwight's lost 50% of his athleticism since then. Just sayin.

He was in the conference finals just two years ago. That's not that long ago. He's still putting up good numbers on limited minutes.

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He was in the conference finals just two years ago. That's not that long ago. He's still putting up good numbers on limited minutes.

14.4 ppg, 14.4 rpg, 1.4 spg, 1.8 bpg

Yeah, pretty good in that conference finals vs Golden State.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AHF said:

14.4 ppg, 14.4 rpg, 1.4 spg, 1.8 bpg

Yeah, pretty good in that conference finals vs Golden State.

That 14.4 rebounds was against Bogut while still playing and Draymond the Hun. You know the guy that thinks he's disrespected if you drive on him or try to rebound over him to seal a game. Not bashing any other posters just saying that there are other really more impending and serious issues that need to be cleaned up but requires a lot more from Bud right now. We have a couple of good options we're not using at this very moment. Too much of this stuff about Dwight sounds like only sorcery can cure it. Lets try to build this team as opposed to blowing it the hell up when half of the problems are on Bud. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Diesel said:

Open your eyes.   Teague had his share of dribble drives.  However, the ball moved a lot more with Teague/Horford.  Yes, we do miss some passing from the 5 spot too.   However,  you do know that Teague learned to run the offense and not just dribble drive when he felt like it.   That's what we don't have with Dennis.. and even though Statwise Dennis is successful, it wrecks the offense.  Guys don't know when to expect the ball so when they do get the ball it sticks.  A guy like Baze starts to think... "man, I got to do what Teague would do last year "and he's in the lane trying to pass out....   that's not his game.  He's a set shot or slasher but not a creator.  

So.. how this offense is run effects all the positions. 

The ball is moving they are just turning it over relentlessly.  Dwight is a also part of that problem.

Funny that you say Teague LEARNED to run the offense but seem unwilling to give Dennis the chance to LEARN as well.

21 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry.. but I don't see Howard as the problem here.   I think Howard is part of the solution.  Our problem starts and ends in one place... PG.  Nobody cares to admit it but our PG play has changed our offense.  We used to have ball movement and passing up the good shot for a better shot.  With Dennis running the team, we go to Iso play and that doesn't win.   Secondly, we don't have good play off the bench either.   I would rather have a messy Shelvin Mack than Delaney.  This is similar to when we changed over to Jason Terry.  There was nothing really wrong with Terry but we brought him in with No vets in the Backcourt.  He became lost and we lost.   We got Dennis on the floor with nobody there to tell him that he has to run the offense.   He reverts back to what he does so well.  Drive.   So our offense is drive and kick. drive and score.  While it looks good against some teams that hasn't scouted Dennis, eventually teams will scout him and his drives will be cut off and those kicks won't matter. 

Overall, we have less passing in the offense and most of that is the tempo that the PG creates.  So now when guys get the ball, they feel that either they most create or they must score because they won't get another chance. 

Howard is not THE problem but he contributes to it as well.  He has some of the worse turnovers just with some lazy passes and no focus.

Teague was able to run a more effective PnP with Al because Al was a willing and quick screen setter.  Dwight takes a day and forever to leave the lane to set a screen for Dennis - so he'll tend to hold the ball waiting for a screen.

Howard is very lazy indeed. I'm sorry but he needs to get after it. We need that one guy on the sidelines that a team in football or bball had in the past that slapped guys across the face for a pregame ritual to wake them up and/or piss them off ...

Dwight needs this badly lol