• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Jr.: "Dun B-Leav Da Hype" (AJC)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

(snippets from C-Viv AJC article linked above)

“I think when you get traded, especially someone like myself with three kids, a wife, a family, a lot of stuff going on, it takes some time to get things turned around and get down here,” said Dunleavy after going through his first practice with the Hawks Thursday. “I’m allowed a certain amount of time to do that, which I did. I got here in plenty of time of the 72 hours. All things stop when you get traded. You have to make sure your family is good. Obviously there were reports with the three-team trade and getting moved on. You have to make sure you are going to be kept before you come. That’s kind of what happened. I’m here now and ready to get rolling...”

“I fit in as far as the way I play,” Dunleavy said. “I move, cut, shoot, pass. That’s the way this team is structured. It’s not a matter of what are you going to do for me or how am I going to fit in. It didn’t take much explaining...”

“He is a veteran,” Paul Millsap said. “He is a fast learner. He knows our offense pretty well. It’s going to be a good addition...”

He will wear No. 34 with the Hawks.

“I’m excited to come down here,” Dunleavy said. No one is playing better than these guys right now. It’s a good team to join. I’ve played against these guys a lot the last few years being in the Eastern Conference. I have a lot of respect for them. I think I’ll fit in real well.”

~lw3

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

He knows our offense pretty well.

From playing on the scout team in practice no doubt. We'll see, if he stays maybe Baze actually loses another handful of minutes but then we were indeed looking for another destination for Dun for one reason or another. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Kal has a wife, kids, family, lots of stuff going on too :blink:

Really new kids at that!

In Kahl's case, though, no matter how the moving parts on ATL's side settled, he understood he was headed to the Cavs. Barring the outcomes of physicals, Cleveland's only impediment was engineering the pick swap with Portland.

Mike D had more leeway since there was the formality of the R. Kelly waiver, and the Hawks making sure there wasn't a third wheel interested in swinging an even better deal for the team, a deal that might have sent him elsewhere.

Both teams were in the middle of road trips while the deal was being greenlighted, too, which added even more to the sense of uncertainty.

I'm glad he didn't just jump to get here, in hindsight, and used most of his allotted hours before reporting, still with time to spare if he's to be believed. I could only imagine if ex-Bravo Mallex Smith had hopped on the first plane flying out to Seattle yesterday afternoon.

~lw3

• Like 3

I'm gonna try and forget what happened. Fine, it does take time. Whether it's bs or not I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't wanna end up hating him like that other #34 who wore a Hawks jersey...please don't call me JR..

Jr Dun>Jr Ride