• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

R.I.P - Rudy Gay's Achille's Tendon

This pretty much ends his career as a high flying dunker.  Almost everyone who suffers an Achilles injury loses most of their explosiveness from a leaping standpoint.  He's only 29 though, and has a chance to come back next season and transform his game.   No chance he opts out of his contract though this summer.   He'll have to take that 14 million he's due next year and hope he doesn't lose all of his athleticism.

I know Kobe is the most recent Achilles injury, but our very own Dominique Wilkins had his season ended by an even more freak injury than what Gay had.

Nique was 32 when he popped his Achilles tendon.  And he hurt it almost the same point in the season that Rudy did last night.   The next season, Dominique had one of his best statistical seasons, coming off of an Achilles injury, at age 33.

29.9 ppg

6.8 rebs

3.2 asst

47% FG

38% 3FG

83% FT ( on almost 9 attempts )

Here's Nique talking about that very 1993 season that I'm talking about

Rest up Rudy, and come back stronger than ever next season.

• Like 2

SAC management like, "Daaaaaaayyyyuummmm, we was jus' about to trade that micky ficky."

Talk about snakebit.  Playoffs were within reach for them.  Even if they faltered, they could've at least flipped him for something.

So just a tad after the Melo trade mania was shut down we now now see Rudy going on the back burner as well.  Achilles is such a hard road back but am sure he will come back still able to score very well. Pretty sure thats set for Sac-town now.