• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The most important piece to the Hawks future

ViewsFromTheSquawk

Not Schröder,Not Prince,Not Sap (resigning),but DeAndre Bembry. This team with bazemore is a inconsistent turnover prone roller coaster ride who will never break the 50 win boundary unless we majestically lure a star like Butler,George,etc. If Bembry develops sooner rather than later it would give us a HUGE boost as a team because I feel like Bembry is a very more controlled player. His only downside right now is his jumper and knowing the offense. The thing is tho is that both of those will come with time if he just gets the playing time needed. I mean to me he had a coming out party against Houston in our huge comeback, but ever since he's seen rare minutes and multiple DNPs... what's the deal? Either way us hawks fans best hope bembry turns into at least a role player in order for this franchise to continue their success because if we keep on with middle of the road guys like a Baze we're screwed. 

• Like 2

If you're going to draft two wings, you don't also hit the panic button and resign someone that when he's good at all, is only good when the floor is spaced. They KNEW they were moving away from the offense that revolved around Kyle Korver.

• Like 1

Exactly. Bembry looked great in his few minutes. He has a high BBIQ. Moves well on defense. Moves well on offense (great cuts). Can pass. He actually does everything good outside of shooting. I like him better than prince honestly. 

GIVE HIM A CHANCE BUD

Edited by StephenHawking

• Moderators
15 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

His only downside right now is his jumper and knowing the offense. The thing is tho is that both of those will come with time if he just gets the playing time needed.

Playing time won't fix a broken jumper.  He needs to fix his form regardless of game play.  I do agree that I'd like to see him get some more run, though.  He has looked pretty good but the challenge there is that we are hitting the part of the year where if you haven't given him the time to develop you are now getting too late in the game to try to catch up so he is playoff ready.  Thus, I don't expect it until next year.

• Like 2

I think Bembry's mid range jumper is fine. He just has no hope on his 3 in what I've seen, unless you're going to bench him for a season for the purpose of trying to rebuild it in the background. He needs to forget the 3 outside of rare occasion and work on the mid range.

I think he's Boris Diaw as a guard maybe.