• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Didn't Realize LA Had Quite So Much At Stake

AHF

• Moderators

I knew that LA's pick this year was top 3 protected and so they had a strong incentive to tank to keep the pick in a good draft.  I didn't realize their 2019 was so profoundly affected as well.  Apparently, their 2019 first round pick goes to the Magic (unprotected) if they don't keep their pick this year and they only have to give up two 2nd round picks if it doesn't.

How are they beating the Grizzlies and Spurs?  Lol!

You can't say Luke Walton isn't trying, though.  See this writeup of what he did last night:

What did Walton do? Celebrate the opportunity for an emboldening road win against an elite foe, something that could boost the confidence of the young roster? Ha ha ha. No.

No.

Walton benched 19-year-old Brandon Ingram (who had a good start to the game) at halftime. Walton benched 24-year-old Jordan Clarkson, 22-year-old Julius Randle, and 24-year-old Larry Nance Jr. for the fourth quarter.

The Lakers led by six points going into the fourth. Walton played Tyler Ennis, David Nwaba, Thomas Robinson, and Tarik Black the entire quarter, and split the small forward minutes between Corey Brewer and 37-year-old Metta World Peace.

The Lakers won by seven.

• Like 2

Ya I mentioned that in the other thread. The Lakers HAVE to tank for a top 3. Currently they sit at #3 which is dangerous because usually you have a team or two that creeps up into a top 3 pick and bumps then down to the 4th,5th or possible 6th pick that goes to Philly and if that happens ...bye bye 2019 pick too.

Now, I dislike the Lakers greatly, however, as a Hawks fan, I'm not sure if I want that pick going to Philly this year. That just another of our foes powering up in the east.

Im rooting for the Lakers to stay at #3 and keep the pick but not move up to #1 or 2 pick. I want them getting Josh Jackson at 3 but not having a shot at Fultz or Ball.

42 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Lakers win again! Live look in on the fanbase...

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

~lw3

lol that look is on a friend of mine's face. Long time Laker fan...:-)