• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey everyone I'm at the game.....

Hawksfreak

Let me put this to rest right now. Hawksfreak....stop it, right now. I'm a network admin. an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer). Let me explain remote access to you. In order for you to be on the internet right now, you'd need an internal modem for you laptop, with a wireless adapter or option...That would cost a couple hundred extra bucks. Possible, but here's the 2 part problem with what you're saying. You'd

A. have to be able to get a solid cell connection to communicate via modem....much better than basic voice communication. Very doubtful in "the clark atheletic center".

but possible. You see, a laptop cellular modem has a

B. 2 and this is where you'll have issues. A cell dialer won't charge you long distance to dial a local connection in atlanta so yes you'll have the same I.P. as if you dialed at home...bravo but won't you won't have is resources...2 specific resources. Resource 1.....a free IRQ. The chances of you having 2 modems in the laptop with a free IRQ for both are worse than your chances of getting on a flight by yourself with hotel accomodations overnight. I'd explain but let's not get into details.

I've read most of your "insider info" and most of it comes from www.nba.com/hawks from the q and a with babbs.

Now, let me explain this last thing to you. Corporate executives of professional sports franchises worth over $400 million dollars whose very livelyhood depends on not releasing information until the ownership and league authorize it don't spend their free time bouncing trade ideas off 12 year olds. They don't lament salary cap issues to prepubecent youths that spout off on internet message boards....ever.

I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm but if for any reason you feel the need to waste my time with nonsense posts and outright lies while I'm trying to learn more about the hometown team, go away and shut up. If you would like to post positive information and add genuine "OPINION" to the discussion then by all means chat away. I have a son just a little older than you and understand where you're coming from.

Now understand where I'm coming from. It's annoying.

Thank you very much, thecampster, you rpoved my point and others. He really tried to hard to actually believe himself that he is an insider and the last straw was that he was at the game in boston and he was at the same time in the internet. That was definitely the last straw and everyone doubted him, I definitely doubted him way before. Thank you, man

First, Before I even address you let me state. Dont get bent out of shape for what I'm about to say. "Everyone has a right to their opinion" You said that if I recall correctly. This isn't a personal attack or anything even in that spectrum.

You have admonished just about everyone for posting useless threads, so what about this one. Your arguing with a CHILD over wether or not he is using wireless ethernet. Why? I dont like hawksfreak's post but I ignore most of them as to avoid aguing with a child. When I think of arguing with him I remember these words

" Never argue with fools because from a distance people cant tell who is who" -Jay Z 2001

Please next time you get upset over long drawn out threads look back on this one.

• Admin

He could easily be using a cellular modem on his laptop, very easily. Many laptops include them as options these days. There is no wizardry involved in getting one and making it work. Your IRQ explanation may have been valid 5 years ago. But it's not today. Ever year of IRQ cascading? He would have zero problems having a free IRQ on a modern (last 2-4 years) laptop. Considering that he's using AOL, there is no reason he couldn't have been using a local pop or dialing into his pop here in atlanta.

I don't know if he's at the game or not. I don't really care. If he is, great for him. If not, whatever. But your technical explanation of why he is not, is not valid in any way.

Am I the only one posting in this thread? Hell no. Am I the only one tired that he is claiming to be an insider? Hell no. Was I the first to call him out on this? Hell no. Was I the first to say that I think he writes useless responses? Hell no.

Also, show me ONE TIME that I have gotten upset over a long drawn out thread. I love that, I appluad that, I encourage that. The more there are posting, the better. Bring it on.

As for your response to me here and thinking I might get bent out of shape, not a chance. I am a man and can take criticism. The only thing I have said time and time again that I wont go for is someone personally attacking another poster on here. I never attacked anyone myself. I have the full right to question the integrity of someone claiming to be an inside source though, just like anyone else does.

Also, show me someone I have admonished for posting useless threads? The only thing that I have said is keep them in the proper areas within the site. Had this thread been only me and Hawksfreak it would have stayed in the private message spectrum, whereas contrary to your knowledge, I took it and continued writing him and responding to his messages. Other people posted in this thread also so it becamse fruitless to keep using the private message media. Thats when I stopped responding through here.

Please, next time you decide to call me out, be able to back it up with facts. If you can provide factual evidence of anything you claimed in this post, I will apologize personally for anything I did hypocritically.

unless he is paying roaming out the rear he wouldnt be on in Bos. The data connections for a laptop require very specific and strong signal. With my PDA I have a plan that allows me local access for $25 a month on any other network its over $2 a min. An unlimited nationwide connection would cost TONS! plus you would have revolving ISPs everytime you changed over networks. Very few places have wireless networks strong enough to use a wireless network on a laptop. My PDA is like a cell phone so data transfer is SLOW and text only.

• Admin

It is very very easy to get a 14.4 connection via a cellular modem. THis is not a full time wireless network connection we're talking about here, which is what you mentioned. it's a simple dialup analog modem connection that happens to use a cell phone instead of a land line. It's billed just normal cell usage. Very easy, very old tech. Not lightening fast, but plenty fast enough to connect to aol (or any other isp) for short periods.

It's speculation anyway, who knows how he was connecting and who cares. My point was that his technical explanation for why hawksfreak wasn't really at the game wasn't valid, and it wan't. Heck there are options that don't even require a modem. With many phones you can buy a cable that connects from the phone to your com port and you can dial into any network you like, isp or otherwise. Again, it's not lightening fast, but it's servicable.