• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free agents by teams for Hawks

22 minutes ago, DBac said:

Probably yeah. Would have to hope that Reddick and KCP take up all the attention.

Clark is a pg though other two are sg's.

12 minutes ago, DBac said:

Yeah, but he's not a traditional PG. He plays offball and his main value is his 3 pt shooting.

Personally I'd rather have Shaun Livingston. Specially as a backup to Dennis. We got a 6'1 speedy starter and a long lanky back down post up 6'7" backup pg.

• Moderators

I'd imagine Grant Hill will be pushing for JJ.   I'd love to have him here too because we need 3 point shooters.  I did see an article about his drop off in ability to do anything but shoot the 3 on the offensive end but who cares.   we've lived with that before.   

Having great 3 point shooting to go with Dennis, Sap, Howard and the rooks would make this team a contender...for best of the rest of the nba.   

• Like 2

Itssssssss showtime!!!! No no, not the @kg01 strip tease show, that's on Wednesday nights...Today, we are going over the Lakers. They got lucky and got the #2 pick. Changes are coming for them. 

They have no restricted free agents. Tyler Ennis is a guy that I would pass on all day everyday. Then there's Thomas Robinson, he still has the physical body but he better get it together if he wants to stay in the league. Pass.

World Peace pass. Lol. Too old, too crazy. That brings us to Swaggy P. Even though I feel like he's a good shooter, I would never want a Nick Young on my squad.

Once again the Lakers are useless to us. Lol. Thoughts? (As Magic shoves..)

IMG_9942.PNG

IMG_9944.GIF

The Grizz are up next in the quest to find some free agents for our Hawks. 

Restricted free agent Jamychal Green has earned a huge paycheck. I like this guy and think he's underrated. Depending on what happens with Sap, I'd keep my eyes open here.

Wayne Selden hasn't had too much of an opportunity since college and I don't think he's a good fit for us.

They have an interesting list of unrestricted free agents starting with Tony Allen. I've long been a huge fan of the Grindfather. He might be in his mid 30's but the dude just knows how to play. I'd love to sign him to be our backup shooting guard and shut people down off the bench. I'd give him a 2 or 3 year deal for sure.

Vince Carter is still in the league? Haha jk but dang it's been a minute. Easy pass, perhaps he retires.

Last one year is Zbo and we were just talking about him with @Alex. The guy has an old school game to fit an old school mind and body. He can play till he's 73. If we lose Sap, I think Zbo would be the closest thing to be able to replace Sap as a stopgap for a couple of years until we blossom whatever power forward we are trying to groom next. I'm a big fan of this Memphis roster. 

TONY ALLEN - YES

ZBO- YES

(both signed to come off the bench though).

Thoughts on these big big ole blue Bears?

And with the Grizz being covered today, that's 15 teams covered and 15 to go. Officially at the halfway mark.

IMG_9943.PNG

19 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Itssssssss showtime!!!! No no, not the @kg01 strip tease show, that's on Wednesday nights...Today, we are going over the Lakers. They got lucky and got the #2 pick. Changes are coming for them. 

They have no restricted free agents. Tyler Ennis is a guy that I would pass on all day everyday. Then there's Thomas Robinson, he still has the physical body but he better get it together if he wants to stay in the league. Pass.

World Peace pass. Lol. Too old, too crazy. That brings us to Swaggy P. Even though I feel like he's a good shooter, I would never want a Nick Young on my squad.

Once again the Lakers are useless to us. Lol. Thoughts? (As Magic shoves..)

IMG_9942.PNG

LAL has no FA's I think we want/need.

Also, congrats on inspiring David Daradan's character on the Leftovers, Spud2.

ETA: And a hearty, "HEYUL NO" on Tony Allen.  Dude is almost 40 and oft-injured.  What's to like about him?  May as well re-sign Thabo.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

LAL has no FA's I think we want/need.

Also, congrats on inspiring David Daradan's character on the Leftovers, Spud2.

ETA: And a hearty, "HEYUL NO" on Tony Allen.  Dude is almost 40 and oft-injured.  What's to like about him?  May as well re-sign Thabo.

Lol Daradan's character is the real life of @macdaddy....;-)

And you can sit here and say what you want about the Lakers but I'll be damned if ur talking bad about Tony Allen. Dude, Tony Allen can guard dudes...I don't care if he's 20 or 40...actually I do but think a nice defense mentor vet off the bench...passing wisdom onto Prince and Bembry about defense. I'd love to sign Tony Allen.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

And you can sit here and say what you want about the Lakers but I'll be damned if ur talking bad about Tony Allen. Dude, Tony Allen can guard dudes...I don't care if he's 20 or 40...actually I do but think a nice defense mentor vet off the bench...passing wisdom onto Prince and Bembry about defense. I'd love to sign Tony Allen.

Your opinion on Allen lets me know you didn't watch him this year.  The step back in play was very real for him.  He'll get a vet min deal somewhere but the days of him being a real rotation player are over.  Unfortunately, you'll have to tear down your TA shrine.

Lastly, kudos on getting the Daradan reference.  It's also how @Dolfan23 survived in lockup if you believe the rumor(s).

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Your opinion on Allen lets me know you didn't watch him this year.  The step back in play was very real for him.  He'll get a vet min deal somewhere but the days of him being a real rotation player are over.  Unfortunately, you'll have to tear down your TA shrine.

Lastly, kudos on getting the Daradan reference.  It's also how @Dolfan23 survived in lockup if you believe the rumor(s).

You miss Dolf dontcha? Is it the violent temper mood swings you miss? If so, I can do my best.

BTW...how dare you imply that I didn't watch every second of Tony Allen this year. Yes he's up there in age and was off and on injured but why would you not want him as a 8-12th man on your squad. I think you could do much worse.

Also, Zbo is the closest to be able to replicate the production that Sap has given us. Both Zbo and Tony Allen are great for another 2-3 years in my opinion.

JaMychal Green is very intriguing to me if we decide to part with Millsap. He is starting to take and make three pointers, but the sample size isn't that great since he doesn't take many shot attempts and his offense is somewhat lacking otherwise. He's a lesser Draymond Green (though not near the playmaker). Great defender and pretty versatile. I think he is in for a big payday and I just don't know if he is worth the $ for us because I don't see him complementing Howard that well, but I am a fan of his.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

JaMychal Green is very intriguing to me if we decide to part with Millsap. He is starting to take and make three pointers, but the sample size isn't that great since he doesn't take many shot attempts and his offense is somewhat lacking otherwise. He's a lesser Draymond Green (though not near the playmaker). Great defender and pretty versatile. I think he is in for a big payday and I just don't know if he is worth the $ for us because I don't see him complementing Howard that well, but I am a fan of his.

100% agree on everything here.

Also will add that BUD would increase that small outside shooting sample size ...;-) The stroke is there and another thing I love about him is he's deceptively long and quick.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

You miss Dolf dontcha? Is it the violent temper mood swings you miss? If so, I can do my best.

BTW...how dare you imply that I didn't watch every second of Tony Allen this year. Yes he's up there in age and was off and on injured but why would you not want him as a 8-12th man on your squad. I think you could do much worse.

Also, Zbo is the closest to be able to replicate the production that Sap has given us. Both Zbo and Tony Allen are great for another 2-3 years in my opinion.

EZPass on anything MEM has on the roster.  They're all just sooo old.  The decline is real with both them guys.

Father Time is runnin' through the playoffs 4-4-4, homeboy.  No way I'd sign either of them to anything above a vet min deal.  Anything more than that and whoever signs them is basically waiting to get caught with their pants down.

Speaking of getting caught with their pants down, Dolf definitely is a surly little guy.  We have several posters here who can replicate his irrational, inexplicable nature.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

GIF--Not-Impressed-Eww-Euw-Awful-Bad-Cli

• Like 2

Nobody from the Lakers.

Yes to Jamychal Green from Memphis. Maybe to Zbo at the right price for bench depth. No to Tony Allen - would prefer to keep a 33 year Thabo over a 35 year old Allen.