• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So did our chances for MIN's 2018 pick improve tonight?

sturt

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Waiting to hear from our resident T'wolves expert.  Paging @Sothron.

He posted several times already on the draft thread. Big fan of the trade and likes their chances for the playoffs next year and our chances of getting that pick.

• Like 2

Are the Wolves still looking to move Rubio?

Now we know that they are all in on the playoffs can we snooker them into taking Bazemore.  Shabazz is a FA, Baze has playoff experience, they need defense, if Baze can settle into his role he can give them 3pt shooting.

Trade:

Baze and the 2018 Minny pick for #16 pick, Center Justin Patton.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Are the Wolves still looking to move Rubio?

Now we know that they are all in on the playoffs can we snooker them into taking Bazemore.  Shabazz is a FA, Baze has playoff experience, they need defense, if Baze can settle into his role he can give them 3pt shooting.

Trade:

Baze and the 2018 Minny pick for #16 pick, Center Justin Patton.

They will have a huge need at PG if they trade Rubio and not much need on the wing.  He would basically be backing up Butler there.

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

They will have a huge need at PG if they trade Rubio and not much need on the wing.  He would basically be backing up Butler there.

C'mon man...Baze can run point :biggrin:. He can backup both Butler and Wiggins.

Ok, you twisted my arm, we can send them Delaney to play backup point.

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Waiting to hear from our resident T'wolves expert.  Paging @Sothron.

Barring injuries, the TWolves should make the playoffs next season which means we will finally get their first rounder. KAT, Butler, Wiggins, Rubio is as about as good as starting four as you can find in the NBA.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have actually thought if the Hawks could SNT Millsap to MIN for their #16 pick in the draft. Helps both teams...

@SothronWhat else are you offering besides #16, C Justin Patton (I like that) You'll have to send out salary. 

Send us Rubio, we'll reroute him elsewhere.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@SothronWhat else are you offering besides #16, C Justin Patton (I like that) You'll have to send out salary. 

If the Wolves get Pek's salary medically cleared then I'm sure the Wolves could trade someone over to make it work. They aren't trading Rubio. I'd be shocked, flat out shocked, if they traded him after they just dealt Dunn.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Of course you don't rofl. Your step backwards had more to do with LaVine getting injured than them playing poorly at the end of the season.

Yes their chances are better to make the playoffs, but the west is still stacked as a conference.  Sacramento is probably the only team who wont be in contention.  The Lakers shouldn't be, but they could make a move for PG13 and continue to get better.  Denver just missed out on the playoffs and Phoenix is could be poised to make a nice run too.  I think the only team from the 2017 playoffs that could take a major step backwards is the Clippers.  Memphis could to a lesser extent as well.  

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If the Wolves get Pek's salary medically cleared then I'm sure the Wolves could trade someone over to make it work. They aren't trading Rubio. I'd be shocked, flat out shocked, if they traded him after they just dealt Dunn.

Overpay to sign Patty Mills in 3....2.....1......

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Believe they already got Pekovic medically retired three days ago.

41 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Duuuhhh....forgot that part.

I'm thinking the pick will be around 15-20 next year and Minny will be a 6-8 seed in the west. Not bad for us.

@AUhawksfan don't worry about @Sothron he came in here speakin French like "Oh we this and we that." Lol..I'm happy for the sothster. I think they are a top 5 team in 3 years.

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They don't have any terrible contracts that I can think of though, so why would they move Patton just to get rid of decent salaries. They could move Rubio for a pick or something without giving up Patton. Although I'd kill to have Collins and Patton going forward. That's a contending front court if they reach their potential. 

Edited by CP61
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, CP61 said:

They don't have any terrible contracts that I can think of though, so why would they move Patton just to get rid of decent salaries. They could move Rubio for a pick or something without giving up Patton. Although I'd kill to have Collins and Patton going forward. That's a contending front court if they reach their potential. 

They'd have to give up I'd think one of their big men for the money to work out for Millsap to sign there for the maximum. I don't think they have enough cap room to outright sign him to a max deal. If we took back a salary and got the 16th pick out of it, that's a win. Or even getting back a decent center like Aldrich it still beats losing Millsap for nothing.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Aldrich

Lamarcus? Not Cole? Hmmm..I don't want Lamarcus. Although I will say that he had a down year and I'm not expecting more of the same but I'd really want a younger player.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

They'd have to give up I'd think one of their big men for the money to work out for Millsap to sign there for the maximum. I don't think they have enough cap room to outright sign him to a max deal. If we took back a salary and got the 16th pick out of it, that's a win. Or even getting back a decent center like Aldrich it still beats losing Millsap for nothing.

16 is insane. Maybe a future second and a player. That is a huge win for the Hawks though. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Lamarcus? Not Cole? Hmmm..I don't want Lamarcus. Although I will say that he had a down year and I'm not expecting more of the same but I'd really want a younger player.

Cole Aldrich, the big white guy from Kansas. The Twolves signed him and Jordan Hill to reasonable contracts last offseason.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, CP61 said:

16 is insane. Maybe a future second and a player. That is a huge win for the Hawks though. 

Not really insane...they already have two good backup centers. the kid they got at 16 would  not get much playing time anyways. If they moved him to us for Millsap think about the starting five Minnesota would have. THAT would be insane.

• Like 1