• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you had the chance... Would you....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Trade Reef and our lottery bound first rounder (if it's not top 3) this year to Toronto for Vince Carter and Bosh?

In the end, we would be looking at:

JT/DD

Carter/Hansen

Jax/Diaw

Bosh/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

of the people with Guaranteed Contracts.

• Premium Member

Atlanta trades: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.5 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 36.0 minutes)

SF Stephen Jackson (13.3 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 33.8 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Vince Carter (21.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.6 apg in 36.6 minutes)

PF Chris Bosh (10.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 32.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -0.9 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (21.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.6 apg in 36.6 minutes)

PF Chris Bosh (10.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 32.8 minutes)

Toronto receives: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.5 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 41 games)

SF Stephen Jackson (13.3 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 39 games)

Change in team outlook: +0.9 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Added to this deal is a conditional 1st from us (Protected to 18 for 3 years, then 10 then 3 then unprotected).

The reasons I would do this deal are:

Reason 1

Vince Carter is a draw especially here in Atlanta. He brings people to remember Nique. I understand that he's injured a lot BUT that's why he can be traded for in the first place. I think he's a great draw and if we are rebuilding, he's just what we need at SG. He's a superstar who can draw maybe another FA to Atlanta.

Reason 2

Bosh is a star in the making. He doesn't have the offense yet, but he does have the defense. He's a great match to play beside Theo. Plus his rookie contract is great. It would allow us to keep him for a number of years at a low price.

The other half of the plan...

Trade JT/Diaw in the off season for a PG who can run the offense and a Sf who can score/rebound. Keep Theo, bring in a defensive minded Coach and play strong defense with Scoring coming for the 2/3 spots.

Why would Toronto do it?

Reef.

Reef gives them a player who can put up 20/10 in their system. Their new offense would be:]

AW/Rose/Marshall/Reef/Moiso.

In the off season, Toronto will be looking for a C. I think they want the Russian. IF we are in position to get him, maybe we give him up or maybe we work out a clause in that first rounder where we can swap protected pick for their pick and be out of the deal.

Any way though.... I like what it does for us...

Even if Carter never gives us a full season... Getting him and getting Bosh would be a draw for Hawks fans, media, and free agents.