• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Basketball Insiders | "Look for Atlanta’s rebuild to proceed rapidly"

sturt

On 8/18/2017 at 2:11 PM, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Old man Wade makes Chicago better than us... But as competitive as Bud is, he'll get the absolute most out of this squad and could squeak us into the playoffs.  I just hope Schlenk has given Bud some incentive to tank.

Wade will get bought out. LaVine and Valentine got to play.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:36 PM, DS5 said:

Cleveland, Boston, Washington, Toronto, Milwaukee are probably the only 5 teams pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. After that....I think it's wide open.

Charlotte will probably finish somewhere between 7-9, but are they that much better than last season? I don't know that Dwight is going to put them over the top.

Miami is probably another playoff team. They've added 1 major piece in Olynyk...does he really make them that much better? They didn't make the playoffs last season.

For as much hype Philly is getting, but what have those young players done so far? Sure, Riddick is a good piece and they drafted a possible star in Fultz...but he's a rook and will have to get used to the NBA first. The team is used to losing.

The rest of the east is garbage. Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Indiana, NY, Orlando...which of those teams are going to have a better record than us?

Heat are definitely a playoff team. A darkhorse in the East. They had the same exact record as the Bulls and now they're healthy and deeper than last season's team.

Pistons got no excuse not to miss the playoffs. 

Hornets should make make the playoffs. They weren't that far behind Miami and Detroit last season. 

I'd take Orlando (right now), NY (right now), Chicago (right now), Detroit, Indiana and Brooklyn over ATL. 

The loss of Millsap is going to really hurt ATL.

On 8/16/2017 at 11:53 PM, Buzzard said:

I am in agreement with the opinion we will not be as bad as people think. I predicted 30 to 35 wins and missing the playoffs; this article sounds like this is close to what they are saying also.

Hope springs eternal in Fantasyland.

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Hope springs eternal in Fantasyland.

I guess man. We lost SAP, not replaceable this year. We lost Howard, his boards are easier to replace. We will lose more games this year but you also have to account for the talent in the Eastern Conference.

If you think all the teams in the Eastern Conference will get better this year except us, I call that fantasy land.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1