• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis' All Star hopes just faded away..

rd79

• Moderators

Captains will pick teams but they will pick them from the pool of eligible players.  The eligible pool will still be evenly split between the East and the West.  Don't think this actually impacts anyone's chances of making the All-Star team.

Twelve players from each conference will continue to take part in the game, but the player from each conference with the most fan votes will choose their teams from the remaining 22 players, regardless of whether they’re in the East or West. More details on the draft process are still to come, but fans, media and players will continue to vote for the 10 starters, and coaches will still pick the 14 reserves.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Quite a few good guards. I really don't see Dennis getting in unless he has a crazy break out season or something.

That is the same under both systems.

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yeah so basically it's the same as the Pro Bowl now, players are voted in based on conference and position then picked up on each team randomly by the captains 

Pretty much seems that way.  I can see it being more interesting in the NBA, though.

• Admin

The players still get picked the same way as they are now ... only the two top vote getters get to select the teams after that ... so Dennis has the same chance as before ... 

At the same time he is not an all star level guard yet (if ever) ... there are a number of guards in the East who will be picked before him ... Kyrie, Wall, Beal, Dragic, Lowry, Walker, Derozan ... I put his chances equal to Russell in Brooklyn ... whoever has the better team would get considered before the other

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

The players still get picked the same way as they are now ... only the two top vote getters get to select the teams after that ... so Dennis has the same chance as before ... 

At the same time he is not an all star level guard yet (if ever) ... there are a number of guards in the East who will be picked before him ... Kyrie, Wall, Beal, Dragic, Lowry, Walker, Derozan ... I put his chances equal to Russell in Brooklyn ... whoever has the better team would get considered before the other

I like his chances better than Russell due to his performance last season and especially in the playoffs.  Russell still has to prove he is starter level to me, let alone All-Star.  Russell is significantly younger so I don't think projecting improvement is unreasonable but he has a larger gap to close.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I like his chances better than Russell due to his performance last season and especially in the playoffs.  Russell still has to prove he is starter level to me, let alone All-Star.  Russell is significantly younger so I don't think projecting improvement is unreasonable but he has a larger gap to close.

I don't like either of their chances but I can see a breakout from Russell this year and if Brooklyn is a better team then Atl then I think his chances would be much greater

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Hawks will have 6 or 7 wins by the All-Star weekend.

Dennis won't be there, as the leader or a crappy team.

If it is only the team's win count that keeps him from being an All-Star we should all be happy he has taken another step forward.

• Like 2