• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Random NBA Happenings

benhillboy

This is the first season we haven’t had a General NBA thread so here I go.  Maybe the first tanking Hawks season since I’ve been here has tempered interest in the league as a whole but I’m an NBA fan first.

I just feel a little vindicated cause I was always high on Oladipo since SL.  After 2 rocky stops and bad fits dude been balling his ass off.  First in PER for 2 guards?  Kyrie-type dribble kills.  And who the hell does a spinning tomahawk in a game?  Blasphemous I know but I always saw a teeny tiny itsy bit of Jordan Stylings in him.  He can keep the singing though.

Edited by benhillboy

• 2 weeks later...

You could see on PG-13’s face the boos got to him but played through some struggles and had some crucial plays late.  Outside of the silly rapper chain he handled himself with great class afterward in the presser.

I might break my disdain for social media just to follow Embiid.  If he’s gonna beat opposing elite Bigs then troll them afterward on a regular basis I’m here for it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

#tbs to when the Hawks spoiled LeBron's 30th Birthday by beating the Cavs here at The Highlight Factory. At least he didn't play in that one! Rookie Spida Mitchell matched him point-for-point w/ 29 in the Jazz upset tonight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/31/sports/basketball/hawks-spoil-party-as-lebron-james-turns-30-and-cavaliers-fall-without-him.html

~lw3

18 hours ago, Dnice said:

I had no idea the fit hit the shan out in LA last night.

It didn’t, cause NBA millenials.  Just a wet fart.  Had Patrick Beverly played you may have seen a little splatter.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Well that was an accelerated NBA news cycle.  Kidd seat went from room temperature to disassembled, Kevin Love tired of this sh@t, Barea tweeting what many in the league whispered about Wall, and the impossible beef between Kawhi and the Spurs.  OKC breathing a sigh of relief the focus is off each loss, quietly winning 4 straight.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Brownout, at the corner of Happy and Healthy!

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2018/01/26/milwaukee-bucks-player-sterling-brown-arrested-tased-milwaukee-police/1069966001/

Milwaukee police arrested and used a Taser on Milwaukee Bucks player Sterling Brown overnight Thursday.

Police were doing a business check about 2 a.m. Friday at the Walgreens at the corner of S. 26th St. and W. National Ave. when they saw a vehicle parked across two handicap spaces.

Officers spoke with a 22-year-old man about the situation and, during the incident, a Taser was used and the man was arrested.

Still, that's not stopping the Bucks from using Sterling as a... spark... off the bench tonight!

~lw3