• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade idea with the Pelicans

CP61

The Pelicans tried to trade Asik and a first for Nikola Mirotic. The trade fell through, but they clearly want spacing for this year and cap relief for next year so they can retain Boogie.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8zfalgv

I say we trade Belinelli and Ilyasova for Asik and their first. We get stuck with another pretty bad contract, but we get another decent pick for guys that were expiring anyway. Having 4 first rounders and 5 in the top 35, is plenty of ammo to make moves on draft night to make sure we get at least two players we are very happy with.

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

Give me an unprotected future first for NO when Boogie and Davis might have already bailed on the team.

That’s an unreasonable ask. I think whatever first we could get at the deadline has to be attached to a bad contract, and is lottery protected.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, CP61 said:

That’s an unreasonable ask. I think whatever first we could get at the deadline has to be attached to a bad contract, and is lottery protected.

They need to clear cap room and add talent.  I'd want to push for as low a protection as possible by selling them on improving the team as much as possible the next couple years (with that 2020 pick coming down the line).  That type of deal has been made by a lot of short-sighted teams for some not so exciting players.  (The Hawks did it themselves giving up the pick that could have been Amare Stoudamire along with another first to get Lorezen Wright).

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CP61 said:

Welp there goes that

Very similar to the protections I wanted other than I would have wanted it to convey at earliest next year:

The Pelicans' first-round pick on its way to the Bulls is a protected top-5 selection in 2018, top-8 in 2019 and unprotected in 2020, league sources said.