• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Summer league 2-0

RLHawk

Hawks Improve to 2-0 in Summer League

Dion Glover put up 21 points for the second straight day, as the Hawks moved to 2-0 at the Shaw's Pro Summer League with an 80-78 win over the New Jersey Nets on Tuesday. Rookie Dan Dickau added 16 points, before an ejection following an altercation in the closing seconds of the third quarter. Udonis Haslem pitched in with 12 points and 8 rebounds. Game story to come.

Not a bad start for this exhibition season. Can't wait to see the game story.

Dickau scoring 16 in 3 qtrs is pretty good. Dickau getting into an altercation is not so good. I hope he is not a violent little man. Dion is putting up a show, but who is suprised about that. Same thing as last year.

Haslem has back to back good games. Better than we can say Bowdler did last year. Maybe the kid has a chance.

Hell man I'll take the rookie Haslem over Hanno and Bowdler anyday. I knew coming into the draft the kid had talent. I was very surprised he wasn't chosen, maybe because some people thought he might of been another Robert "Tractor" Traylor. He is really improving his chances and putting pressure on Babs to sign him and make the roster, and honestly I would love to have him in our second unit. He can come in and bang inside. I sure can't wait to see them play tomorrow against the Bucks on ESPN 2. Thats gonna be awesome and exciting.

I like to add that I hope that Dan Dickau is not a little feisty one. Although I sure would love to see him aggressive, but I have heard that he is very competitive.

i hafta agree with ARR here, I wont make a definite statement on it until I know all the facts, but I like a certian dont-take-s@#t attitude. It's a huge difference between not putting up with some b.s. and say flagrantly hacking Carl Malone on what should be an uncontested layup. I like Danny boy showin a little Irish, just like I enjoyed Reef not putting up with that crap from Williams(?) when the refs had swallowed their whistles in the Houston game, or when JT went after that forgettable scrub from Orlando.

I will expond on my views in full in a later post. But I must retact Haslim is the goods. I've known Udonnis for while and as much as I wanted him to have a pro career I honestly expected him to be a second tier player. But I always liked his style of play, the antithesis of Euro Sissy Ball, and I am glad to see he is on his way.

However DD is nowhere near where he should be he looks like a cross between Demar Johnson, Rumuel Robinson and Slotstsky Von Lotskinstien (in other word Euro trash sissy baller) He should be much further ahead. Guess E-mail might make the sqaud.

Yeah that fight with Kenny Thomas was great.....they had it up on ESPN for quite some time. Its the first time I remember seeing a Hawks player get into a fistfight on the court in a long long time. It really surprised me because I didnt know that Reef had that in him. Same goes for JT in that Orlando game. Both players really showed me something then.

What does this mean?

In reply to:

But I must retact Haslim is the goods

I dont know what that means, but I hope you arent saying you are defending Haslem. I clearly remember you saying that you didnt want us to get hiim because he has problems that you wouldnt elaborate on that you know from him personally. Wow, I just noticed but you have some high profile friends. Partying with Iverson and Co. and good friends with Haslem.

In reply to:

However DD is nowhere near where he should be he looks like a cross between Demar Johnson, Rumuel Robinson and Slotstsky Von Lotskinstien (in other word Euro trash sissy baller) He should be much further ahead. Guess E-mail might make the sqaud.

Just how exactly is DD not where he should be? Have you seen him play yet? NO! 16 points in 3 quarters is pretty impressive. Its just obvious that you have it in for him because hes not a rucker park player.

I just read the game story. Dickau did not cause the altercation, Richard Jefferson did. All Dickau did was set a screen. Jefferson put him in a headlock. The officials talked about what happened a few minutes, assigned them both technicals, then kicked them both out. Dan should have stayed in the game. The game notes said the officials really didn't know what went on it happened so quickly.

I like small point guards setting hard screens. its good to see. He may have some of the intangibles that another Gonzaga PG brings to the court. That is great to think about.

Peace!

Exactly pathway, he said that he was taught how to set screens by John Stockton himself. We have all seen guys want to knock Stockton out because he does set very physical by the book type of screens. Its great to see that our boy is doing the same. Thanks for clearing up the ejection mess.

Seems like DerMarr spent a good portion of the game on the bench, with foul trouble. My first thought was "Don't tell me DerMarr can't guard summer league scrubs...". But, I figure he was on Jefferson, so I'll cut him a little slack. I wish there was some way we could get Jefferson, but I think NJ would trade Kittles before Jefferson. I think Jefferson and Griffin may be the best players to come out of last year's draft. Who got the better of that trade?

Dion is still scoring, still getting to the line. Good to see, that should push his trade value up. If we knew that he could stay healthy, I would have no problem keeping him. I still have dreams of JT/Dion/DJ in the 1,2,3 spots.

Haslem is a beast. I really hope Babs realizes this. He's never had the greatest eye for young talent, but even a moron can see that he has some skill, even if it is just outworking people down low and on the glass. We need more physical players inside.

I can't wait to see the game tomorrow...

We shouldn't trade Dion since DJ isn't doing anything.If we trade

Dion figuring DJ is a lock to be a huge part of the franchise we

might be making a terrible mistake.

I'm happy with DJ's muscle gain,but we need to be real careful

because this franchise makes alot of mistakes already and I

don't want to see us screw up again.I think DJ will be ok,but

I don't have proof he will do well...Some muscle gain is not

enough to be sure he will workout.

6 points is a lousy effort.He says he wants better,but he has

yet to prove he wants it.

I'm not worried at all about DJ's performance in the Summer League. He's just there to stay in game shape, he has no need to try and dominate and risk an injury. I think the Hawks are showcasing Dion and letting him be the first option in order to gain leverage in a potential trade for a 2/3 player with proven NBA experience.