• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ironically, Bud would have loved this draft class....Ferry too

HawkItus

True.  Ferry didn’t seem like a big measurables guy.  I think he would deem Young’s ceiling higher than Doncic.  

Young’s bust potential is very real, but I’ve heard too many accounts with “Doncic” and “solid rotational” in the same sentence.  A crude comparison would be all the hype surrounding Exum.  He was taken 5th by a great drafting franchise.  Injuries played a part but 4 years in he’s an unquestioned bust.

I’m curious to see how Doncic uses his size.  Joe, Paul Pierce, and Carmelo (all around 6’7”, 230-ish) were never very athletic.  I can’t see Doncic using his size in a plodding and posting type manner like they did.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What about Trae's size? A 6-3 wingspan? In the NBA you may as be a toddler with arms that short. He is going to get bullied and lit up by opposing guards.

I hear you but every guy is unique.  CP3 is an inch shorter with just an inch longer span.  Safe to say he’s never been bullied or lit.

I agree in that I think both were into efficiency. I think Bud would not like three rookies to deal with in one season; but I think Ferry would appreciate our draft a lot. I think Trae, though good already, with less of a load and on a more balanced roster could improve his eFG. Huerter is Curry like minus the volume and I would love for that to continue. Spellman's eFG is certainly promising for a stretch four to say the least.

Trae eFG .518

Huerter eFG .616

Spellman eFG .573

The more I read and hear, the more I love our draft. All during the playoffs the message was the same. It is a make or miss league; and the winners made more threes than the losers.

I am watching First Take, Stephen A was asked about up and comers in the East after last nights draft. He gave us good props for our draft  and said we will be fun and exciting to watch now. I cannot remember the last time Stephen A gave us any prop.

Welcome Squawkers to the Make or Miss New Era Atlanta Hawks!

• Like 2