• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I feel it..... Brent Barry to the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

What's this nonsense that Diesel is spewing.

Well, call it a hunch. I think we will get Brent Barry. It would either be one of two deals.

Barry for Nazr/2nd.

Barry/James/1st for Theo.

Why....

1. Barry fits here. He doesn't really have a spot in Seattle anymore.

2. Seattle needs a Post player.

3. Our fire sale.

We could finish the season with:

JT/Barry/Jax/SAR/Theo (or Nazr depending on the trade).

Barry is the compliment to JT.

Barry has an ending contract.

Now. IF we got Barry for Nazr, I would predict that we would make the playoffs. Even with only 13 wins now.

If we could get him for Nazr and a second I would do it. Obviously he is not a savior but he would be a good "glue" piece. His outside shooting, ballhandling ans smarts would definitely compliment the other starters. Heck I can even envision a lineup of Barry, Diaw Jackson, Reef and Theo. I would even try and re sign him.

Nazr is a solid backup center, and a nice player to have, but I would still pull the trigger.

Still, I don't think the sonics would do that deal.

• Premium Member

Barry's no scrub.

Barry is one of the only guys in the league that can give you an all around game.

Also, He's a free agent so that's the loss of 5.4 million going from this year to next, but I would still look into resigning him.

That Skywalker guy won the Dunk Contest so did Dee Brown I wouldn't have given up Jon Konkak for both of them. Shhhttt, with that logic Jim Paxson and Craig Hodges would be valuable player. Bring another argument.

" And the Hawks willlose in South Carolina, and Missori, and South Dakota, and Oklahoma, and Louisiana, and Arizona, and New Mexico, and we'll go to Washington D.C. and lose at the White House .... YAHOOOOOOO!!! "

still, can you refute that it takes a pretty high degree of athleticism to win it?

and then go on the 3pt contest? I'm still waiting for you "spin" on that one...

your grasping at straws here Hawk, and they're slippin through your fingers...fast...

the guys here like him because we believe that hes a very good role player...

kinda like Doug Christie. These guys do more than their stats show.

id say taht Brent Barry is the offensive version of Boris Diaw. Like Boris, on paper, it doesnt seem like hes a big difference maker on the court.... but in reality, Diaw guarded guys like LeBron/Carmelo very well.

I also believe that Barry would compliment Diaws game...

Atheletism, Weezy let me tell you everyone in the NBA is atheletic even sloppy old Vlade. Hense the term professional athelete. [censored] I was a pro athelete for a little less than two years, just wasn't good enough, and I was running 70 miles a week. There is no pro athlete cant compete in an exibition. It is laughable that your argument is based on the All Star weekend exibition shows. So what is your point Barry can Dunk and shoot a 3pter so can my 12 year old cousin guess we should draft him, huh?

True, they're all "athletic" by most on here's standards, but there's still a large degree of variatinon amongst the players in the L...that's why they're not all superstars ~ some, like Vlade who does the tipy-toe-slam...they're good at what they do.

This is somewhat moot now that Barry's broken his finger, but do you even watch him play? I was pointing out "skills" that he posssesses, since you "refute" stats unless you are the one citing them (the only way that they contain validity) and generally like guys that can do multiple things on the floor...i.e. 3's, slams (though the fact that you even imply that nearly every player in the association could compete in the dunk contest is laughable, laughable).

• Moderators

Barry is definitely a quality NBA player. He is an outstanding passer, a good rebounder for a guard and an efficient shooter. He is also a smart player and the Hawks could sure use someone to raise this team's basketball IQ (Diaw and Vaughn may lead the team in that area).

Barry is not a big difference maker but he is definitely a piece you could count on to be productive. IMO, he would be a significant upgrade over SJax and would never be the star that the Hawks really need but would be a piece to use to surround that star.

He may be getting a little too old to be part of the Hawks rebuilding, though, unless anyone thinks they will be realistically contending in another 1-2 years.