• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if....

gurpilo

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I have tons of problems with this comments.

1.  The offense ran MUCH better in the last preaseason game with Trae at the point instead of Jeremy Lin or did you miss the 3rd and 4th quarters.  Trae wasn't just jacking up 30 ft shots or he wouldn't have had 5 assists.   Lin is a quality player. I will not take anything away from him, but Trae was pretty darn consistent the last few preaseason games.  Which , quite frankly, surprised me.

2. Prince is doing more than shooting.  He improved his rebounding and his assists have gone up this preseason.  I have to agree that his defense needs to improve.   

3. John Collins improved ALOT from last season.  He was taking people off the dribble in the first preseason game which was a pleasure to see.  He also is actually better at defense than you are saying. He's a very good positional defensive player.  His outside shooting is a work in progress, but it looked to be improved in summer league and the first preseason game.  He rebounds and is super efficient on offense. 

All in all, I don't get where you are coming from with these comments.  Jeremy Lin did NOT looked better than Trae running the team this preseason.  

I said that Trae is extremely skilled but he was 1-6 from 3 in the 1st game and 1-5 from 3 in the 2nd preseason game and shot a subpar percentage over all.  He will improve but he has to resist the tendency to take ill advised shots.  Prince has to take care of the ball better when passing.  He had more turnovers this preseason than assist.  Again, I believe this will improve.  John Collins is very good at what he does no doubt and understands what he is good at.  He is yet to consistently show that he can expand his game.  He didn't make any 3's this preseason but I do feel that he will make strides this season

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I said that Trae is extremely skilled but he was 1-6 from 3 in the 1st game and 1-5 from 3 in the 2nd preseason game and shot a subpar percentage over all.  He will improve but he has to resist the tendency to take ill advised shots.  Prince has to take care of the ball better when passing.  He had more turnovers this preseason than assist.  Again, I believe this will improve.  John Collins is very good at what he does no doubt and understands what he is good at.  He is yet to consistently show that he can expand his game.  He didn't make any 3's this preseason but I do feel that he will make strides this season

You just identified Travis's vectors to tanking this year:

1.  Trae will be ALLOWED to take ill advised shots in the name of "player development".

2.  Taurean will be ALLOWED to turn the ball over at an alarming rate due to the role he will be playing on the team, all in the name of "player development".  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You just identified Travis's vectors to tanking this year:

1.  Trae will be ALLOWED to take ill advised shots in the name of "player development".

2.  Taurean will be ALLOWED to turn the ball over at an alarming rate due to the role he will be playing on the team, all in the name of "player development".  

That makes no sense at all and I wish people would stop saying this nonsense!

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Player development is teaching the player to play the right way not the wrong way!

Which is exactly why proper player development does not happen in tanking situations, and this is also why tanking does not work as a strategy.  The Hawks are trying to snow you into believing that this season is about player development.  It isn't.  It is about getting a high draft pick though.  They are already exaggerating injuries and making a key player sit out to open the season.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, KB21 said:

Which is exactly why proper player development does not happen in tanking situations, and this is also why tanking does not work as a strategy.  The Hawks are trying to snow you into believing that this season is about player development.  It isn't.  It is about getting a high draft pick though.  They are already exaggerating injuries and making a key player sit out to open the season.

If this is the case then why did the coach seemingly instructing Trae during a preseason at times during a preseason game in he wasn't concerned about proper player development?  Why is the coach limiting the amount playing time to player who are not performing like Jalen Adams, Huerter and Plumlee?  If Pierce wanted to lose on purpose, there are plenty of opportunities to play players who would guarantee a poor outcome.  I'm not seeing that happening.

Gee, KB21 is not the only person who believes this way.  While I don't agree with their thinking, many of those national "talking heads" believe that this year's Hawk team has already set themselves to try, very hard, to lose 82 games and that they will only win when they mess up the game plan.

Some people actually believe this.  Maybe Lloyd Pierce is as bad as they believe.  Will our players deliberately quit on us?  Or, will the coaches deliberately put in players who are not capable of winning?

Will our GM automatically trade, flush away, any player who dares to help?  Have we all been sold a bill of goods that winning is optimal?  Think.  Is our world really this dark and dreary?  Guess we are about to find out.  If we lose the first 20 games or so, then we will also begin to believe!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Gee, KB21 is not the only person who believes this way.  While I don't agree with their thinking, many of those national "talking heads" believe that this year's Hawk team has already set themselves to try, very hard, to lose 82 games and that they will only win when they mess up the game plan.

Then why sign Alex Len and trade for Jeremy Lin if you don't want good players on your team?  If you don't want your young team to figure out how to win then why sign Vince Carter to mentor them?  If you want them to play losing basketball then why teach them how to move without the ball and stress to them to make the next pass instead of preaching Iso ball?l  If you want to throw the games, why not play your worse players more than your bast players?  The answer is that this conspiracy theory is just that.. a conspiracy theory in the minds of people that want to win the lottery to have the opportunity to draft their savior.  No matter what their eyes see, their brains are stuck in neutral.

11 hours ago, KB21 said:

I dare to challenge the notion that intentionally losing is acceptable as a team building strategy. 

You don’t say ?

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Then why sign Alex Len and trade for Jeremy Lin if you don't want good players on your team?  If you don't want your young team to figure out how to win then why sign Vince Carter to mentor them?  If you want them to play losing basketball then why teach them how to move without the ball and stress to them to make the next pass instead of preaching Iso ball?l  If you want to throw the games, why not play your worse players more than your bast players?  The answer is that this conspiracy theory is just that.. a conspiracy theory in the minds of people that want to win the lottery to have the opportunity to draft their savior.  No matter what their eyes see, their brains are stuck in neutral.

Alex Len has never been good, and it has been years since Jeremy Lin was an effective player.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Alex Len has never been good, and it has been years since Jeremy Lin was an effective player.

DMC wasn't any good until he came to the Hawks.  Lin averaged 14.5 ppg /5 apg 2 years ago and had 18 points in the 1st game last year before getting injured.  What is your definition of effective??

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

DMC wasn't any good until he came to the Hawks.  Lin averaged 14.5 ppg /5 apg 2 years ago and had 18 points in the 1st game last year before getting injured.  What is your definition of effective??

Their contribution to winning.  

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Their contribution to winning.  

WS                         BPM                       VIOP

Jeremy Lin      2017-17         2.1                            2.5                          .9

Paul Millsap    2017-18         2.5                             .7                          .8                

46 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I don’t want anything more than 20 wins...I want that chance to draft RJ Barett and hope we can sign Boogie or a big name FA this offseason 

This guy actually thinks a big time free agent will willingly come to a tanking team.  LOL!!  Also, LOL at the idea that Boogie Cousins is a big time free agent.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This guy actually thinks a big time free agent will willingly come to a tanking team.  LOL!!  Also, LOL at the idea that Boogie Cousins is a big time free agent.  

Some posters are so delusional its comical...They think that there is an on/off switch that you can use to plan your team's future. Turn off the switch this season and win 20 games and then draft the savior after the season while signing Kevin Durant in the off season. End result Super team!  News flash fantasy basketball fans,,,It ain't gonna happen like that!!