• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young and John Collins go off for 72 points in Atlanta AEBL basketball league

pimp

• Moderators

Fun to watch.  Collins definitely had some sloppy plays where he just said, "I'm too big and too athletic for you to handle so I'm just going to shovel this up there and I'll be airborn again before you can react to clean up the mess."

Some fun highlights from both Trae and Collins but I was surprised / impressed that the opposing team kept it as close as they did.  Was within 10 points for most of the game.  When you consider that you are playing against a team with two guys who are potential NBA All-Stars, that is pretty good stuff. 

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Fun to watch.  Collins definitely had some sloppy plays where he just said, "I'm too big and too athletic for you to handle so I'm just going to shovel this up there and I'll be airborn again before you can react to clean up the mess."

Some fun highlights from both Trae and Collins but I was surprised / impressed that the opposing team kept it as close as they did.  Was within 10 points for most of the game.  When you consider that you are playing against a team with two guys who are potential NBA All-Stars, that is pretty good stuff. 

These types of leagues are always food for the NBA bigs which I always said was the biggest gap between the average player and average NBA player 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

These types of leagues are always food for the NBA bigs which I always said was the biggest gap between the average player and average NBA player 

Yeah, I just kept seeing "kid brother" types of plays where he was doing things he wouldn't do against NBA players just because he could physically dominate.

He did finish a lot of plays in more legit fashion as well.  

I suppose in fairness that some of Trae's dribbling might fall into that same category but it seems more akin to what he would actually do.  (Like, he will cross people up in a simpler fashion).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, I just kept seeing "kid brother" types of plays where he was doing things he wouldn't do against NBA players just because he could physically dominate.

He did finish a lot of plays in more legit fashion as well.  

I suppose in fairness that some of Trae's dribbling might fall into that same category but it seems more akin to what he would actually do.  (Like, he will cross people up in a simpler fashion).

Trae lacks the NBA prerequisites for size and measurements so he will seem more normal than John who seems godly v. Basketball mortals

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae lacks the NBA prerequisites for size and measurements so he will seem more normal than John who seems godly v. Basketball mortals

It was more that in a number of situations John seemed to be doing things I don't think he'll attempt in the regular season while Trae was largely doing the same stuff he'll be doing for us when the game count.

It is great to have some summer footage to chew on during this dead time of the year.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2019 at 7:44 AM, Gray Mule said:

Reminds me of college football when, to open the season, a top ten team plays Podunk university and wins 82-0, playing their second and third teams mostly.

Yeah but remember when Michigan played Appalachian State {when App. State was level two league} to start off a football season. Believe Lloyd Carr's career was pretty much decided after that. There are some really good memories of David and Goliath in sports here and there. Boston College turning Bama upside down by Flutie for another example. Just another great reason to watch competition no matter what we actually expect to happen.  

• Thanks 1