Iverson not liking Dog

Plainview1981

"We need something, I dont know what it is honestly. To tell you the truth that is a lie, I know what it is I just dont want to get a whole bunch of stuff started. You dont have the pride to get up in your man and guard him or the heart to try and stop your man when he is hurting your team. Vince Cater is still in the game doing his thing going to the basket when he's up 15 points at the end of the game and your ok with that. You dont have the pride to at least give him a hard foul. I get killed when I go to the hoop and your just gonna let your man by". A.I.'s QUOTES AFTER LAST NIGHTS GAME vs TORONTO. He never mentioned Dogs name but thats who was guarding Vince. W.I.P. the local sports radio station is having people call in with their all time Philly athelete Dog list and so far Glenn is #1.

People get all caught up in Dog's shooting but he is one of the worst defenders in the league, he can't dribble, and he is lazy..and doesn't run the floor...it is amazing that anybody would want him on their team. Philly made their playoff runs with team defense....Dog just does not fit... Dog is just about done.

I knew from day one that Glenn and AI would never be able to coexist. AI is a thug, but he's the anti-Glenn Robinson. AI at least works hard on his game and works hard as a defender.

Glenn only cares about himself and the numbers he can put up.

When? "Practice? Practice? We're not talking 'bout the game, we're talking 'bout practice!"

AI is ALWAYS hurt and/or banged up and he rarely practices so it is hard for me to see when he works hard on his game. AI is an unbelievable talent, he's one of the greatest competitors the league has ever had and he's tough as nails but I wouldn't go so far as to say he works hard on his game.

I knew this would happen. A lot of us predicted it, evidently we hit the nail on the head. Big Dog I'm sure is a nice person to get along with in the clubhouse, but he has no work ethic on or off the court, thus, he is a cancer for any team to have. I think we should give props to Billy Knight to clearing him out for cap space, since he wasn't worth much anyway. Noone really wanted him, Knight didn't have much of a choice.

• Premium Member

But what other 20 point scorer has ever worked out with Iverson??

Uhm...

Tim Thomas? No.

Larry Hughes? No.

Jim Jackson? No.

Larry Brown described it correctly. AI needs other role players preferably defensive to be happy and at his best. Big Dog doesn't fit that mold.