• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae’s +/- versus Floor Game-Centric PGs

benhillboy

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Do you even watch the defensive actions we constantly have Murray in? Man, sometimes I really don't want to respond because I don't know if you are seeing actions and possessions clearly

Yes... I do.  Let's see what actions are you talking about... 

Murray dying on yet another screen or Murray overplaying his man and allowing a quick power move to get past him??    Which of those moves are you speaking of. 

Here you go supes...

Who is Better at Defense Murray or Delon Wright?  (Note.. I have no stats in front me.. just an old man's memory.)

I mentioned all of this because Murray was sold to us as a great defensive player.. League leader in steals... all that.   And all of that is great.. but one on one against a man with the ball or even a man without the ball...  Nawl fam... that aint it. 

Here's what Murray does well...

Play passing lanes.   Not bite on Jab steps.  Help defense. 

But POA defense...  most guys give him a good power move and they are gone.  or they run him off of a screen.  Unlike Trae, he knows which way to go when being screened.   Unlike Trae, he will give the effort to contain a big going to the paint. Unlike OO (used to) he won't bite on a jab steps.. he knows not to watch feet.   This is why I want him to gain about 15 lbs of muscle.  I want to see him power through some of those screens and some of those times when the offensive player gives him a power move and push him out of position.