But, it was always Miller time and Hawks were on the

recieving end of it.

Tonight, it was Jackson time, with back-to-back 3's to

close it out. Wow!

If we can cut down on the turnovers - - Hit our free

throws and avoid the dreaded "Sleepwalk" in the second

half, we have a chance for the W .

Go Hawks!!

Paul Pierce had his... theres no stopping him...

but we did an excellent job of not allowing the celtics ROLE PLAYERS to beat us.

Shareef had another Reef-like performance shootin 8-12. Terry, Jackson, + Glover shot 20 of 40.

the X-FACTOR was definitely Theo Ratliff. I credit Ratliff for the win. he came out with 2 huge blocks near the end and sealed the victory.

Cy,

Not to mention, Theo had 6 OTHER blocks during the game.

He also had ZERO TOs.

But, Pierce doesn't always "have his". He is an overrated player. He shoots 40% and below and turns it over at 4.1 a game. He has improved over the past while, but he isn't this super player people want him to be. He's above average.

Jackson didn't play him solid. I couldn't count how many EASY penetrations Pierce got and Jackson didn't even attempt to play defense on.

Of course, I LOVE the phantom call at the end of the game.

Play.

Congrat to the hawks, good win. If we have a bit less TO, I will be even happier.

A Little update for u guys, sad but true 6-8seeds is STILL wide open. Too bad the next 5 games is Hou/Dal/NJ/Miami/Hou.

East

Indiana 37/14

Detroit 33/18

NJ 28/20

NO 27/23

Mil 26/23

Tor 23/25

NY 23/27

Boston 22/29

Phil 21/29

Miami 21/29

Cle 19/31

Atl 17/34

Was 15/33

he is definitely better than just above-average.

The way i see it... hes an inconsistant McGrady.

One night, he'll give u 20 for 28 shooting for 40-50 points... and the next night he'll go like 5-20 for 15 points.

He said he should be included in the ALLSTAR game and believed that a few players there shouldnt be in it. the way he sees it, he figures hes a top 12 player in the EASTERN CONFERENCE.

But ur definitely right, his shooting percentage and turnover rate has to be lower.

I wouldnt consider him overrated... well, maybe slightly since hes labelled "the TRUTH" and has commercials left and right while others like REDD are unknown to the average basketball fan.

Okay, I challenge you to answer me this then:

What has Pierce done to be considered more than "above-average"?

People knock Reef and say he scores well on punk teams. Well, Pierce can't even score well on a punk team.

He shot 38% with Walker and now 40% without Walker (up from an abysmal 38.5% from last month).

Pierce got a lot of hype and it never died down, but he did very little to earn it or keep it -- ESPECIALLY this year.

Play.

You want to know the difference? The Celtics play intense

defensive games. The Hawks play loose games that other

teams sleepwalk through. That's why the Hawks often have

a lead but lose it at the end....Teams sleepwalk but turn

it on againest the Hawks at the end of games. You have

notice how Hawks games lack intensity?

They are in the playoffs every year. Nobody gives the Hawks/Clippers another look. There are is a difference.

If you are the 4th seed you are fighting for something.

This team doesn't fight for anything. The games the

Hawks play 90% of a snooze feast...Sleepwalking games.

Just like that last Portland game...Hawks lead a un-

intense game....Portland does enough to hang around

and takes the game in the 3rd or 4th period.

Jim O'Brien just jumped off a sinking ship.

Hmm... ill put it like this

Pierce shoots a low percentage... but then again, so does IVERSON.

Yes, He did get a lot of hype coming into this league... but a player doesnt receive HYPE just for playing well one game here and there...

like i said before... hes an inconsistant McGrady. 1 out of 4 games, he'll give u a tracy mcgrady performance...

according to the NBA (not me), 1 out of 4 times is enuf to be a star in this league.

BTW- another reason he receives so much hype is because his team wins... therefore, u cant compare him to Abdur-Rahim... even when PP shoots a low percentage (like Iverson) he finds a way to win.

NOW, i have a question for U...

I consider PP a top 5 shooting guard... would u consider REEF a top 5 PF? (cuz im assumin u have the idea that REEF at his position and PIERCE at his position are about equal).