• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Supes' Historical Charts

NBASupes

• NBASupes changed the title to The Supes' Historical Charts

Omg that’s huge Supes. (That’s what she said gif).

I gotta read it all in detail later but as of now I got…

1. Nique

1A. Trae

Trae is overtaking him in a generation basketball type way of course and will so with time. It’s hard for me to ever put Nique second but happily and sadly the time has come or will come shortly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

2. Jon Berry

Barry, he’s a moron and even hated on us like Woody for a min there but his brother Brent is a stud. I’d love that guy to somehow join Schlenk as his “assistant”.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1a. Trae - Could go down as the most entertaining player in NBA history. To be already at 1 with Nique at 22 looks bright for his career. 

1b. Nique - Human Highlight Reel

It’s the case of :

1. Do you enjoy dunks or 3 point bombs and amazing passing?

I imagine them playing together and I drool 🤤 like a baby.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

3. Czar - One of the best coaches of his era but he had some severe flaws like Mike D. 

I was mad at him for giving us a ceiling. Then again in his defense our roster sucked so it hurt him and Nique. You can only do so much you are given to work with.. :indifferent: or… ya.

Oh, also there was a back n forth that he upset Nique and talked behind his back in the early 90’s, I remember that, not sure if it was 💯 but if so that’s not cool Frat cuz Nique gave you 💯 on the court.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

4a. Bud

He deserves more and you know it! God I hope 🤞🏾 we see him and beat his a$$ next round. I’d almost do anything to make this happen. :indifferent:

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. Marvin Williams

I got 2 jerseys of this fool! Including a yellow 2005 alternate jersey I bought in his rookie year. I thought he was gonna be our “James Worthy”. He became our John Koncak. 

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

2. Moses 

3. Deke

Deke ahead of Moses if you mean as a Hawk only, if entire career then Moses. Moses came to us old.

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

3. Speedy Claxton

Craaaaiiiiiiiggggg. :upsidedown:

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

5. Spud Webb - It's hard to give Spud this but not really. 

Awww thanks bro. 

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Best Hawks who know how to play Basketball - High BBIQ, feel for the game, impact guys. Guys who excel at the mental game. 

1. Al Horford

2. Deke

3. Paul Millsap

4. Mookie

5. Smitty

TRAEEEEEE!!!!! He is the smartest already. This fool has a higher BBIQ than anyone.

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Most talented Hawk

Augmon. Came to us a a decade type of defender. I loved plastic. Even at the grocery story when they’d ask if reply…

PLASTIC BISHHHH!!! :angry2:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Best shooting Hawk

Shooters really didn't because a thing till more recently and most of our shooters were severe role players. 

1. Kyle Korver

Between Korver and Trae. Trae is a different animal bro. I’m an old school dude and HATE having anyone pass those Nique types but when it comes to shooting it’s him and Korver. 

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Best defensive Hawk of all time: 

We are actually legit good here. 

1. Deke - Short reign but what a reign it was. He left no doubt for me. 

2. Al Horford - Easily the best modern defender in Atlanta history, hell, he's the face of the modern 5 in the NBA. His ability might not be appreciated in the 90, 2000, and early 2010s but in the modern NBA, Al is king and his defensive value is elite. 

3. Capela - Only here for two years and already 3rd. That's how good he's been on that end. It's likely impossible for him to pass Al or Deke for me on this end, I do think it's going to be extremely difficult to pass Capela for anyone below. 

4. Mookie - He's the best perimeter defender we have ever had. He wasn't perfect and his peak was short lived but the 6x all defensive team member was a menace and his WS was his proof. 

5. Josh Smith - This was a tough one for me because we had so many good names to choose from left but Smoove was probably the guy I would choose even if he had a lot of flaws on this end as well but his talent was exceptional on this end. His defensive WS was off the charts for anyone and his production was always highlighted by his elite athleticism and versatile defensive skill-set. 

Plastic man 👨? Really? Dang.

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Best offensive Hawk of all time: 

1. Trae Young - I don't see how you can say anyone but Trae. He came in one of the most skilled players in the NBA and the best half court player as a rookie. He's dominating the playoffs against the best defensive teams. Case for Nique and Lou just isn't strong enough for me. 

2. Nique - I don't even have to explain

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. Dominique Wilkins - GOAT Hawk. While I do see Trae surpassing him like next year. He's the one with the statue and probably will be nationally seen as the Hawks GOAT for many years to come. 

2. Lou Hudson - The 6 time all star, one time 2nd team All-NBA, Sweet Lou experienced our best in St. Louis and early in Atlanta and worse, most of his time in Atlanta. Lou was an excellent scoring guard. 

3. Trae Young - I really can't put Trae who has only one All star appearance ahead of Lou and Nique but let's be real. Trae is already one of the best offensive players in the NBA at 22. It's foolish to have him anywhere else but 3 at this point. He will pass Lou and Nique soon. 

Beautiful. I wish I had a chance to see original sweet Lou (not the one gonna tear it up in Philly tomorrow) play live. His stats are off the charts and he seemed like a boss for sure. 

Trae and Nique made your list the most I think as far as repetitive times on lists. Nice work @NBASupes I dig your stuff. It’s always like reading stuff going on in my head but fun to discuss with you all at squawk. Thanks 🙏🏾 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He deserves more and you know it! God I hope 🤞🏾 we see him and beat his a$$ next round. I’d almost do anything to make this happen. :indifferent:

I got 2 jerseys of this fool! Including a yellow 2005 alternate jersey I bought in his rookie year. I thought he was gonna be our “James Worthy”. He became our John Koncak. 

Deke ahead of Moses if you mean as a Hawk only, if entire career then Moses. Moses came to us old.

Craaaaiiiiiiiggggg. :upsidedown:

Awww thanks bro. 

TRAEEEEEE!!!!! He is the smartest already. This fool has a higher BBIQ than anyone.

Augmon. Came to us a a decade type of defender. I loved plastic. Even at the grocery story when they’d ask if reply…

PLASTIC BISHHHH!!! :angry2:

No, his playoff performances was just too shit for me even if he was the best RS coach we ever had. I'll give him props for using Horford right. I've give him that but the playoffs came and he failed at everything. 

I never really liked him like that. I wanted Deron or CP3. I liked Deron more at the time but they were my clear #1 and #2. #3 was Bogut for me. I never brought the hype of Marvin as a prospect. I was pissed when we picked him. 

No probs!

He still got a lot to learn and he is learning quickly but he's needs more time. Guys on rookie deals no matter who they are will never be on the BBIQ list for obvious reasons outside of CP3. Even Nash, Kidd, and Stockton wouldn't be listed in this area within their first 4 seasons. Magic and Bird was but once again, they came in a lot more polished than the guys of today. 

LMAO! Plastic Man defense was great but the one thing the Atlanta Hawks have an abundance of was great defense which is why they have a lot of wins as a franchise but no impact as a champion. He deserves mention for sure with his defense but he's no where close to the most talented Hawks list. You gotta be extremely talented on both ends or generational offensively to even qualify. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Between Korver and Trae. Trae is a different animal bro. I’m an old school dude and HATE having anyone pass those Nique types but when it comes to shooting it’s him and Korver. 

Plastic man 👨? Really? Dang.

Trae is a different animal as a scorer but as a shooter, I wouldn't put him in the top 15 yet. Even in the last 20 years, you got like 4 shooters better than him on each of these squads. I do think he got potential and he takes a lot tougher shots than all of them but once again, this is shooting, scoring is another category. One where Trae is top 3 right now all time for us. 

Not over those guys for me. 

• Thanks 1

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

Beautiful. I wish I had a chance to see original sweet Lou (not the one gonna tear it up in Philly tomorrow) play live. His stats are off the charts and he seemed like a boss for sure. 

Trae and Nique made your list the most I think as far as repetitive times on lists. Nice work @NBASupes I dig your stuff. It’s always like reading stuff going on in my head but fun to discuss with you all at squawk. Thanks 🙏🏾 

Sweet Lou is underappreciated. Him and Iso Joe are in a class of their own for wings for us and these two are the best in our history. 

They will likely made many of the other ones I will create as well. They are the two of the three best Atlanta Hawks of all time. 

• Thanks 1

Best Atlanta Hawk of all time:

• 1. Nique
  • 2  Trae
  • 3. Lou
  • 4. Joe Johnson
  • 5. Pistol 

Best offensive Hawk of all time: 

• 1. Trae ( scoring + passing )
  • 2  Nique
  • 3. Lou
  • 4. Pistol
  • 5. Joe Johnson

Best defensive Hawk of all time: 

• 1. Dikembe
  • 2. Mookie
  • 3. Millsap
  • 4. Josh Smith
  • 5. Capela

Best passing Hawk:

• 1. Trae
  • 2. Doc
  • 3. Pistol
  • 4. Mookie
  • 5. Josh Smith

Best shooting Hawk

• 1. Korver
  • 2. Lou Hudson
  • 3. Joe Johnson
  • 4. Randy Wittman
  • 5. Craig Ehlo

Most talented Hawk

• 1. Dominique
  • 2. Trae Young
  • 3. Lou Hudson
  • 4. Pistol
  • 5. Joe Johnson

Best Hawks who know how to play Basketball - High BBIQ, feel for the game, impact guys. Guys who excel at the mental game. 

• 1. Trae Young
  • 2. Doc Rivers
  • 3 Paul Millsap
  • 4. Joe Johnson
  • 5. Dan Roundfield

Most athletic Hawks

• Dominique
  • Josh Smith
  • Stacey Augmon
  • Dan Roundfield
  • Josh Childress

Best rebounding Hawk

• 1. Capela
  • 2. Moses
  • 3. Dikembe
  • 4. Willis
  • 5. Dan Roundfield

Hawk with the highest BBIQ

• 1. Trae 
  • 2. Millsap
  • 3. Dan Roundfield
  • 4. Joe Johnson
  • 5. Horford

Most disappointing Hawk

• 1. Shelden Williams
  • 2. Acie Law
  • 3. Marvin Williams
  • 4. Big Dog Robinson . . ( definition of empty stats )
  • 5. Speedy Claxton

Biggest steals as a Hawk

• 1. Traded John Drew for Nique
  • 2. Traded a bunch of role players for Bibby
  • 3. Signed Millsap on the cheap
  • 4. Josh Smith
  • 5. John Collins

Most entertaining Hawk

• 1. Dominique
  • 2. Trae
  • 3. Pistol
  • 4. Josh Smith
  • 5. Jamal Crawford . .  ( pains me to say this )

Most boring Hawk - Guys who played legit mins only

• 1. Solomon Hill
  • 2. Alan Henderson
  • 3. Duane Ferrell . . ( also one of the most underrated Hawks )
  • 4. Anthony Johnson
  • 5. Jon Koncak

Best coach 

• 1. Lenny
  • 2. Fratello
  • 3. Nate
  • 4. Bud
  • 5. Woody

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

LMAO! Plastic Man defense was great but the one thing the Atlanta Hawks have an abundance of was great defense which is why they have a lot of wins as a franchise but no impact as a champion. He deserves mention for sure with his defense but he's no where close to the most talented Hawks list.

You forget the runnin rebs. Grandmama and Plastic with Hunt and Anthony. I dunno man, Augmon was the IT guy as far as talented defensive wings went back in the day. He was before his time in some ways. Although Augmon offense was pretty bad, specially from perimeter he got better but never at all anything good.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

You forget the runnin rebs. Grandmama and Plastic with Hunt and Anthony. I dunno man, Augmon was the IT guy as far as talented defensive wings went back in the day. He was before his time in some ways. Although Augmon offense was pretty bad, specially from perimeter he got better but never at all anything good.

He was. That's still my favorite squad of all time. The only squad that actually comes close is this year's Baylor team and they don't have the talent to play with those Rebs. No one in the modern college game can play with the 80s and 90s powerhouse teams because those teams had tremendously talented experienced players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is a different animal as a scorer but as a shooter, I wouldn't put him in the top 15 yet.

Damn really. I been watching Hawks for year like you and I never been too comfortable with anyone shooting outside of like Korver, Joe Johnson, Bibby for a bit, and Trae really. Even guys like Hinrich or someone we brought in that was supposed to be good was never super trustworthy to me but Trae has an unbelievable feel for his shot. The ball kinda cradles nicely in his paws 🐾 before the release.

• Thanks 1

Damn really. I been watching Hawks for year like you and I never been too comfortable with anyone shooting outside of like Korver, Joe Johnson, Bibby for a bit, and Trae really. Even guys like Hinrich or someone we brought in that was supposed to be good was never super trustworthy to me but Trae has an unbelievable feel for his shot. The ball kinda cradles nicely in his paws 🐾 before the release.

That's a different question, who do I trust shooting the ball? I will obvious want it to be Trae more than any other Hawk ever as he can do so much and he can get his shot off in so many ways but he's not shooter that when his shot goes up, I know it's going in. When Kevin, Bogi, Gallo,, Kevin, and Hunter before his injury shoot, I know it's going in and surprised when it's not. With Kyle, I put up the threes hands but with Trae, I am like, watching, then I cheer when it goes in. 

• Like 1

Before your time.  St Louis Hawks - Championship year - 1958.

Bob Pettit - Historically, he's noted as one of the better players of his time.  He was part of the Hawk team that won it all in 1958.  I didn't see him play.  I only followed casually for many years.

1958 - The year I bought my 1st new car - a 1958 Ford.  Almost all of them were lemons.  When you see all the old cars today, seldom if ever do you see one of them.

Bob  Pettit - - He should be somewhere on these lists.

:smug:

• Like 3