• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate not sure he wants to be our Head Coach??

Blunt91

• Premium Member

Oops. It is correct that I presumed too much, of course @RandomFan. I apologize for the oversight.

New take: Schultz doesn't like people who his buddies don't like; that, and/or Schultz also had some beef with LP that none of us knew about.

Even having said that, the presumption is not an empty one given all that Kirschner has tweeted and has written in his articles since.

And. The bottom line remains intact: the article could have been written in a way that was more celebratory of McM, less prosecutorial toward LP. The writer didn't do that, though. Why he didn't do that is less certain.

9 hours ago, sturt said:

Oops. It is correct that I presumed too much, of course @RandomFan. I apologize for the oversight.

New take: Schultz doesn't like people who his buddies don't like; that, and/or Schultz also had some beef with LP that none of us knew about.

Even having said that, the presumption is not an empty one given all that Kirschner has tweeted and has written in his articles since.

And. The bottom line remains intact: the article could have been written in a way that was more celebratory of McM, less prosecutorial toward LP. The writer didn't do that, though. Why he didn't do that is less certain.

I mean, I didn't really pick up on vibes of being highly prosecutorial of LP when I read it. Could it be your own reader bias creeping into your interpretation? 

Keep in mind that what I posted is less than half the article. And 2 of the only 3 times LP was mentioned was correctly pointing out the fact that he had lost the locker room or Trae; not exactly new or highly critical info. I guess I just don't see it being overly critical of LP.

Edited by RandomFan

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I mean, I didn't really pick up on vibes of being highly prosecutorial of LP when I read it. Could it be your own reader bias creeping into your interpretation? 

Keep in mind that what I posted is less than half the article. And 2 of the only 3 times LP was mentioned was correctly pointing out the fact that he had lost the locker room or Trae; not exactly new or highly critical info. I guess I just don't see it being overly critical of LP.

(Preface: Of course I have some personal guidelines that normally exclude engaging in discussion publicly. Only doing so here as a matter of publicly walking back my own comments where necessary.)

Again, I apologize. I... again... presumed too much. I did indeed take it that what you posted here was the majority of that article. Based on what I read and on that presumption, it was overly prosecutorial, but the presumption was a bad one apparently. And I should have looked for myself. (Still haven't done that, but might later on. I'm busy. It's movie night, and this is intermission.)

Finally, to the suggestion that I might approach it all with prejudice... yes, I am indeed biased. Absolutely. There's a reason for that. It's the result of having taken note of Kirschner's tweets and publications over time. I have no similar bias about Schultz. And had my presumptions been valid, then the conclusion also would have been. They weren't. And I like to be the kind of person to acknowledge when I'm wrong at least as much as when I'm right.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 3:41 PM, thecampster said:

If Nate were to leave and be a head coach and find his ideal situation elsewhere, it would be a PR nightmare here. He has an excellent relationship with the players, is well respected by players around the league and after this season has credential capital to burn. At this point, the Hawks pretty much have to give him everything he wants. Barring some disaster, he'll be the coach here next year. 99.234% sure of that.

Someone else take a turn, my arm's getting tired patting myself on the back.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, thecampster said:

Someone else take a turn, my arm's getting tired patting myself on the back.

Just make sure you don’t have the Hawks training staff giving you treatment on that shoulder.  You might be out a LONG time and we would only be getting updates every few weeks.

”campster is working on individual finger typing but has not gotten back to QWERTY typing yet, we will have an update in two weeks”

-probably the Hawks training staff

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...