• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate not sure he wants to be our Head Coach??

Blunt91

I don't know if anyone has already touched on this in another thread.  I briefly searched the other threads but did not see any thing on this.  I found this little nugget over on HoopsHype.com

While McMillan is the team’s “interim’’ head coach, sources made it abundantly clear Hawks management would love to remove the interim title. However, sources also said the 56-year-old McMillan has some reservations whether he wants to be the permanent head coach and may prefer some other role in the organization. Money won’t factor into McMillan’s decision as he is financially set, sources said.

Supes or Campster have you heard anything on this Topic?

• Premium Member

I can empathize with him on that. He's been burned before. He also watched Schlenk fire the guy that hired him. But I highly doubt he'll turn down the coaching job when it's offered to him after this Playoff run. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I don't know if anyone has already touched on this in another thread.  I briefly searched the other threads but did not see any thing on this.  I found this little nugget over on HoopsHype.com

While McMillan is the team’s “interim’’ head coach, sources made it abundantly clear Hawks management would love to remove the interim title. However, sources also said the 56-year-old McMillan has some reservations whether he wants to be the permanent head coach and may prefer some other role in the organization. Money won’t factor into McMillan’s decision as he is financially set, sources said.

None whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

He has exorcized his demons and then some. I’ve been under the assumption that he’ll be our HC next season but it wouldn’t be that shocking if he wanted to move on from being a HC on a good note. Still feel like he’ll keep the job, though. 

• Like 4

I ain’t mad.  It seems like a no-brainer, slam dunk from our perspective for both sides to get a deal done yesterday but it’s surely a lot more to it.  If Seattle is awarded a franchise soon he’ll be the only person on their coaching candidate list lol.

• Like 1

Contract extensions are tricky as hell man.  Everyone was wondering where is Freddie Freeman’s extension after an MVP season?  My man done fell off a cliff (3.2 WAR in 60 games to .7 in 70, ouch).   With all that has gone wrong with the Braves this year a poor value, long term contract would’ve been a back-breaker.  Super-sharp GMs like AA and The Colonel know not to get too excited on the honeymoon.

40 minutes ago, High5 said:

He has exorcized his demons and then some. I’ve been under the assumption that he’ll be our HC next season but it wouldn’t be that shocking if he wanted to move on from being a HC on a good note. Still feel like he’ll keep the job, though. 

With Trae helping him exorcise those demons and knowing Nate was a defensive point guard but knows he has a HOF offensive point guard to coach think he signs a four year deal. At this point for our guys just don't want anyone else as a head coach. Trae improved overall and our defense improved at the same time....who would have thunk this after our season's start.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Contract extensions are tricky as hell man.  Everyone was wondering where is Freddie Freeman’s extension after an MVP season?  My man done fell off a cliff (3.2 WAR in 60 games to .7 in 70, ouch).   With all that has gone wrong with the Braves this year a poor value, long term contract would’ve been a back-breaker.  Super-sharp GMs like AA and The Colonel know not to get too excited on the honeymoon.

Let's hold off on calling AA a super-sharp GM, we are talking about the guy that blew 10+ million on freaking Smiley and gave a monster contract to Ozuna who's only two good seasons in his entire career came in contract years, and one of those seasons was a 60 game season.

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Let's hold off on calling AA a super-sharp GM, we are talking about the guy that blew 10+ million on freaking Smiley and gave a monster contract to Ozuna who's only two good seasons in his entire career came in contract years, and one of those seasons was a 60 game season.

How you really feel, Holic?

Those are misses, no question.  Don’t know how in the hell he let Melancon walk.  But I think his hits far outweigh the strikes though.  All other 29 teams in the league will envy the Acuna and Albies contracts until the day they’re up.

Edited by benhillboy

13 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Honestly I've been noticing this alot since we're finally getting recognition but alot of old articles are being rehashed. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another one of those cases. Unless Nate wants to fully retire (which I can't tell) he'll be here. I forgot who made the post that "Nate needs the Hawks as much as the Hawks need Nate" but they were spot on. 

Nate's statement was made around when he took the interim job and he was contemplating then. I doubt he'd make a statement like that again during such a crucial time in the season.