Game 3 adjustments

TheNorthCydeRises

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You bring up some excellent points. Nate's adjustments simply weren't good enough in game 2. Bucks countered them well. I still think fatigued played a bigger role in this than people think

Fatigue definitely played a role but much of it by design.  Between the press, having to defend in transition, and then staring at a huge deficit; the guys looked like they were both unwilling and unable to muster up that extra effort to overcome and the Bucks certainly weren't letting their foot off our throats besides a few Giannis 3s.  Even Nate looked like he figured as much and conceded the chess match early to Bud, no use burning out the guys trying to figure something that works out.  Just tip your hat, pull the troops, and hit the film room.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
Just now, MaceCase said:

Fatigue definitely played a role but much of it by design.  Between the press, having to defend in transition, and then staring at a huge deficit; the guys looked like they were both unwilling and unable to muster up that extra effort to overcome and the Bucks certainly weren't letting their foot off our throats besides a few Giannis 3s.  Even Nate looked like he figured as much and conceded the chess match early to Bud, no use burning out the guys trying to figure something that works out.  Just tip your hat, pull the troops, and hit the film room.

Exactly the way I saw it when Cam came in down 15 points in 2nd quarter.  If the game stayed close I doubt Cam plays.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Exactly the way I saw it when Cam came in down 15 points in 2nd quarter.  If the game stayed close I doubt Cam plays.  

The fact that he played was massive for the rest of the series

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great comments on this one ….didn’t read anything I can disagree with. I am sure Nate will make adjustments but whatever adjustments made they must be executed!

If we can make sure we win at home all is well of course. We stole homecourt game 1 so let’s keep it in the A and end it here.

check out this breakdown from Steve Jones….I don’t follow this guy or know who he is but he had some videos to go along with what the bucks were doing defensively to slow down Trae and our hawks …much of what has already been mentioned in this thread but it’s a good set of videos and explanations from him…

Don’t just watch that video click on it to see all he posted.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I still think fatigued played a bigger role in this than people think

I think fatigue has been playing a big part in games for a few weeks now, and it's only getting worse. I think our outside shooting woes going back to the Phily series are fatigue related. Gotta remember that this is most of our guys first playoff run. This is a lot of extra games they aren't used to playing yet. And even though the season was 10 games shorter, at this point our guys have played more than the 82 game season they are used too. 

On top of the previous season being cut short, so their bodies didn't even get the stamina built up from a normal 82 game season last year. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Gallo can guard Lopez, Clint on Giannis, an throw JC on Middleton.  Trae has to be on Tucker so that leaves Cam/Bogi/Heurter on Jrue.  They will find mismatches no matter what but that's how I'd run that lineup

• Like 1