• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JC and Ice Trae remind me of Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp

sillent

Except for one guard being more known for his defense and one for his offense the Sonics pairing was very similar to ours and even come across the same cross roads.

2 Things I've learned especially after this past season is what a championship team looks like and how important chemistry is. Chemistry can even supercede talent but when you have both it's an amazing thing.

Trae Young and John Collins have games that fit together like a glove like the Glove and Reignman and if we can keep them together we may be able to witness something that the Seattle Supersonics fell short of. A championship(s).

Unlike their window when they had to go thru Jordan and for the last decade plus of everyone having to go thru LeBron we are in a prime time where noone individual necessarily dominates the league. There are some young dominant or on the rise teams out there (see Phoenix, Nuggets, Grizzlies and possibly Pelicans) but none quite as deep as us and most are on the West. Luka and Zion are the closest individuals as far as stature but just like LeBron and Jordan they need the right help.

They say if you don't learn from history than history repeats itself. I know Nate McMillan has to see this because he's been around to be apart of and witness both. I know we have more dynamics than Trae and JC as did that Sonics team but it would be nice to run our organization how that situation was supposed to be done. It will take some give on John's part but I think he is willing to give a little as he's shown all season to gain more than just a max in return.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't say i agree on this one as both gary and kemp were much more physical than our duo.  Our guys are much more finesse and to me the perfect pairing for Trae and Collins would be the 2 guys most people compared them to coming out of their drafts.  Luckily those 2 guys were actually on the same team as well and thats Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire.    I think both our guys play alot more like those 2 guys than either Gary or Kemp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Can't say i agree on this one as both gary and kemp were much more physical than our duo.  Our guys are much more finesse and to me the perfect pairing for Trae and Collins would be the 2 guys most people compared them to coming out of their drafts.  Luckily those 2 guys were actually on the same team as well and thats Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire.    I think both our guys play alot more like those 2 guys than either Gary or Kemp.

Honestly I see that too. I just feel like with our current situation that's our best example (Kemp/Payton) to learn from their mistakes and stay the course.

Edited by sillent