• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Skip Bayless said Lebron James best passer in the league. Really?

Hawkmoor

First,  the obvious. SKIP BAYLESS said. Got that out of the way. That comment today on Undisputed is why I VERY rarely turn on Fox or ESPN sports shows. It's pure entertainment,  with about one percent of real sports analysis.  I had to comment on the comment that Skip made because LeBron James is the fakest player in NBA history. He gets zero credit from me.

You got a guy who has a natural size advantage, who can't carry a team AND NEEDS at minimum two or three superstars around him to win a chip. The media gives the guy a huge pass.  Can't shoot free throws. Decent but not good jump shot, and the most CONTRIVED passer in NBA history. There is nothing real about his turn the head the other way (look away) passes. It's fake magic Johnson. The dude even speaks fake with his Michael Jordan interview tone and cadence. Enough. The Hawks got the best TWO passers in the game. One of them is playing summer league ball.

That's my rant. The only source for real sports news currently is the Athletic. The television is garbage.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 1

• Hawkmoor changed the title to Skip Bayless said Lebron James best passer in the league. Really?
4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

First,  the obvious. SKIP BAYLESS said. Got that out of the way. That comment today on Undisputed is why I VERY rarely turn on Fox or ESPN sports shows. It's pure entertainment,  with about one percent of real sports analysis.  I had to comment on the comment that Skip made because LeBron James is the fakest player in NBA history. He gets zero credit from me.

You got a guy who has a natural size advantage, who can't carry a team AND NEEDS at minimum two or three superstars around him to win a chip. The media gives the guy a huge pass.  Can't shoot free throws. Decent but not good jump shot, and the most CONTRIVED passer in NBA history. There is nothing real about his turn the head the other way (look away) passes. It's fake magic Johnson. The dude even speaks fake with his Michael Jordan interview tone and cadence. Enough. The Hawks got the best TWO passers in the game. One of them is playing summer league ball.

That's my rant. The only source for real sports news currently is the Athletic. The television is garbage.

Hilarious... I still wouldn't dare go as far to discredit a great like that though. Who did LeBron have when he ran thru our 60 win Hawks?

When he was younger he was carrying teams to the finals with his best players being Ilguaskas and Larry Hughes.

He almost beat the Warriors by himself when Love and Kyrie went down.

He still owns the Raptors sonning them like he's done us in the playoffs a few times. 

Was this a trick for me to give credit to a rival? Either way I have to give credit where credit is due but hilarious start. If it was followed with his teammate averaging more assist than him just last season or Trae Young's orchestration. Even Sharife Cooper I would've supported your argument more but you missed more relevant facts. 

I'm definitely not calling for this now but the best way to analyze the true value of a player is when he's on your team. If LeBron was on our team during those times I'm sure the narrative would be a little different.

We've seen what has happened to touted players on our team and good and mixed results from it. Clint, Bogi and Gallo have been pretty good but than we have recent guys like (Evan Turner) so many wanted for so long and Khris Dunn's (inconclusive) of the world that change the narrative.

Funny how fandom gives us that blind eye. It was real funny against the Knicks last playoffs because they really couldn't see how much better we were than them until it was too late.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sillent said:

Hilarious... I still wouldn't dare go as far to discredit a great like that though. Who did LeBron have when he ran thru our 60 win Hawks?

When he was younger he was carrying teams to the finals with his best players being Ilguaskas and Larry Hughes.

He almost beat the Warriors by himself when Love and Kyrie went down.

He still owns the Raptors sonning them like he's done us in the playoffs a few times. 

Was this a trick for me to give credit to a rival? Either way I have to give credit where credit is due but hilarious start. If it was followed with his teammate averaging more assist than him just last season or Trae Young's orchestration. Even Sharife Cooper I would've supported your argument more but you missed more relevant facts. 

I'm definitely not calling for this now but the best way to analyze the true value of a player is when he's on your team. If LeBron was on our team during those times I'm sure the narrative would be a little different.

We've seen what has happened to touted players on our team and good and mixed results from it. Clint, Bogi and Gallo have been pretty good but than we have recent guys like (Evan Turner) so many wanted for so long and Khris Dunn's (inconclusive) of the world that change the narrative.

Funny how fandom gives us that blind eye. It was real funny against the Knicks last playoffs because they really couldn't see how much better we were than them until it was too late.

I appreciate you giving a response.  I AM gonna clear up some things in your response.  FIRST, I DID give credit to Trae and Cooper.  Thats what my whole post was about.  I didn't mention them in the thread title, but the body of my post said that THEY ARE THE TWO BEST PASSERS IN THE NBA.  Next, Lebron being on another team is not the issue with me.  There are lots of players on other teams I would have liked on the Hawks during Lebron's time in the league.  I BEEN saying Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA and the media, being the front runners that they are, are saying it because of the Olympics and his performance with Brooklyn in the playoffs.  The first bad series he has OR good series Lebron has, it will be back to the " Lebron is the best player " stuff.  Thats my problem. Its not really about Lebron, its about the fakery of society and the media which promotes it.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1