• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This trade isint good nor bad for us...

cyman3

Present- This is a change... our current squad wasnt winning (overall) and even if we played .500 for the rest of the season, we prob wouldnt make the playoffs. And thats assuming we make a run at the playoffs.

Future- who knows? If Kobe comes (very unlikely as of right now), it was a good move. Kobe Bryant is a top shooting guard (i consider him and McGrady tied as the two best SGs in the NBA) and if we can land him... that would be great! Hes a leader on the court and is a proven player in this league. Not to mention, he knows how to finish games! As much as i love SAR, i rather have Kobe.

If we get Kobe, we will be in ORLANDOs shoes.

Now if Kobe doesnt come, we will be utah jazz part 2. we'll have $$$ but no one to spend it on. Either restricted FAs will get resigned by his current team (like JT), we will overpay FreeAgents, or we'll have a team full of no-name players makin SCRUB money (the MAGIC prior to McGrady/Hill era).

I dont necessarily LIKE this trade... but i could see why Billy went with it.

Cyman,

What has Kobe done to prove he is a leader?

* Was is shooting 50 times in a game?

* Was it saying that he would run the play the coach had drafted, except that he felt he would be better off shooting it even though it wasn't his shot?

* Was it when he said that "I would pass it, but I just have more faith in my shot then in my team"?

* Was it when he said that he would have passed the ball to Shaq (like the play was drawn up), but if Shaq were fouled he doesn't shoot well from the line and Kobe shoots 45% from the field?

* Was it when he publically whined about Shaq?

Which of those qualify Kobe as a leader?

Don't get confused, please. Being a top talent does not mean you are a top leader.

Kobe is a selfish, ballhog. Nothing more. He has game, but he is too concerned with his own game then his team.

THAT is NOT a leader.

Play.

* Was is shooting 50 times in a game?

- what? a leader is suppose to take what he gets... im sorry, but hes not ABDUR-RAHIM... hes not going to settle for 10 shots per game when hes that good! if ur good, should u NOT SHOOT MORE than ur teammates? if Kobe didnt take those perimeter shots, who should??? Fox, Fisher??? c'mon!

* Was it when he publically whined about Shaq?

- ask anybody u want... the fight between Shaq/Kobe goes 50/50... both actin like babies! am i not right?

c'mon, why are u such a KOBE HATER?

btw, what about McGrady... how do u FEEL about him? is McGrady ok and Kobe not?

Whats next? Kobe isint a good citizen but he constantly gets in trouble with the law? C'MON MAN!

and if u are a mcgrady fan, what about him whining about how he needs HELP and not actin like a true leader?

Im not a mcgrady hater or anything... but if u wanted to, u can make negative comments about anyone in this league. U are quick to list Kobes weaknesses, but what about strengths?

Did u see him go on that streak avg 40 ppg over many games and shootin the ball at a great percentage? Even when the defense knew he was goin after a record, he kept scoring.

My final question...

NAME 1 player thats better than Kobe POST-NIQUE era?

I agree that one of Shaq/Duncan/KG can give u a great chance to win a championship...

but guys like McGrady/Bryant could give them a good run if they have a good defensive-minded supporting cast.

Suppose we do get bryant (just pretend), we'll be in ORLANDOs shoes... in fact, there could be a chance that we'll be one of the east suckiest teams... just like ORLANDO.

HOWEVER! like Orlando, we will be 1 VERY GOOD SIDEKICK player away from being a top team in the EAST.

Our 2nd best player (after Kobe, and assumin Wallace leaves) will be JT. As much as u dont like JT, hes better than any other player ORLANDO has. JT + Mohammed are better than any 2 players on the MAGIC. Not to mention, we will be in the easiest DIVISION next year...

a quick fix if u ask me...

GOOD ENUF to win in the EAST... hahaha

Cyman,

Did I not say that he is among the top talents in the league?

I said, and I quote:

Being a top talent does not always mean you are a top leader.

Just because I dislike Kobe as a person doesn't mean I am blind to his skills. I just see the difference between him and Garnett. Or Kobe vs. Duncan.

Kobe alone will not bring ANYONE a championship ring. Not even close. He is NOT a team player. He ruins chemistry. If the Lakers didn't have Shaq, they wouldn't have been a good team.

Also, you say the fight between Kobe and Shaq is 50/50. Who cares? Did I say Shaq is a leader? No. Shaq is not a leader. BUT - Shaq is a dominant force that can dictate the game on both ends. Kobe can't.

As for Kobe shooting 50 times ... this is a TEAM game. You and Kobe may think that shooting 50 times is good if the rest of your team is not great.... but that isn't championship basketball.

So, because I don't believe Kobe is a leader it means I am a "Kobe hater" (whatever that means?). No! It doesn't mean I like McGrady either. I think they both are what they are ... fantastic scorers. Neither of them are leaders in the sense that Jordan was.

Jordan put up the gaudy offensive stats, but somehow made those around him better. These guys don't. They take away from those around them.

Play.

as long as u think mcgrady/kobe are similar, theres no reason to argue.

i agree, Kobe just himself isint capable of takin a team to the playoffs like GARNETT/DUNCAN.

but the truth is, how many players in the league can take their team by himself to the playoffs? Kidd, Garnett, Duncan, Shaq? (if hes not injured), ???

The truth be told that McGrady cant take his team to the playoffs... wats the chances that Kobe will?

- true, however... if we get a supporting cast that can produce with Kobe... it will work out.

its not like Kobe is the most selfish player... with 4 future hall of famers on his team, at times- he shoots 10-15 shots per game...

ur rite that JORDAN made his teammates better... but is there a JORDAN in this league? NO! is Kidd/Garnett/Duncan/Shaq attainable? NO!

then wats the solution?

- KOBE + supporting cast!!!