• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grading Travis Pt 2.

Diesel

JC   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because it's not true. He wanted to come to Atlanta. Sacramento is where he wasn't the most fond of. 

I wouldn't have wanted to be drafted by the dysfunctional Kings either.  Their decision to take Bagley at #2 pretty much confirms why that was a reasonable desire.  But the Kings would still have been much better off taking Luka and hoping they could resign him rather than passing on him for a lesser player if that was part of their draft calculas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Because it's not true. He wanted to come to Atlanta. Sacramento is where he wasn't the most fond of. 

No offense at all, but I will take Trae Young dad's word more than yours. 

Maybe I am giving travis the benefit of the doubt but he would have taken the best player had he want to be here. Playing in Dallas with Dirk and taking that baton from him makes a ton of sense for who Luka is and his background 

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I don't know.  If Travis preferred Luka to Trae + pick then I think he would have just kept him.  Luke would have had to really lay it on thick to get me to pass on him if he is my guy.  We can all remember Steve Francis but the number of players who force their way out as rookies is very, very small.

yeah but Luka could have just stayed overseas. He didn't have to make the jump to the nba. Im just sharing what Rayford Young has said on twitter a couple of times. Whether you guys wanna believe it or not its up to you

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No offense at all, but I will take Trae Young dad's word more than yours. 

Maybe I am giving travis the benefit of the doubt but he would have taken the best player had he want to be here. Playing in Dallas with Dirk and taking that baton from him makes a ton of sense for who Luka is and his background 

Can you provide the specific tweet?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's in the thread?  That Luka specifically said he did not want to come to Atlanta?

Like I said, I don't care much for the conversation because I believe that Trae was the better pick for us.   However, I know that most of you live and die on this hill of us passing over Luka.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Like I said, I don't care much for the conversation because I believe that Trae was the better pick for us.   However, I know that most of you live and die on this hill of us passing over Luka.   

The conversation is not about who was the right pick or not.....it's specific to Mikey saying that Luka said he was not interesting in joining the Hawks.  I had never seen any prior reports to that effect.  Example: we have heard that Haliburton was not interested in the Hawks thru the Squawk source and from Haliburton himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The conversation is not about who was the right pick or not.....it's specific to Mikey saying that Luka said he was not interesting in joining the Hawks.  I had never seen any prior reports to that effect.  Example: we have heard that Haliburton was not interested in the Hawks thru the Squawk source and from Haliburton himself.

Those are those... where there's smoke.. there's fire kinda things.   No agent/agency will let it get out that their player doesn't want to be in a certain place.   Not since Steve Francis and he was kinda Blackballed afterwards.  So you really need insider information.   I just happened to be on Twitter when you made your request and I obliged.   I don't have a dog in the fight...  I just have a preference for non-Euro players because Europlayers can peace out any time they feel like it.   I struggled through the Childress decision. 

Do I believe that Luka didn't want to come here?  I don't know..  However, it would be par for the course when considering guys like Dragic and Portzingis. 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This. He didn’t want Vlade and Vlade didn’t want him. Euro rivalry with his dad.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

here you go sir.image.png.bf85f4da38740cf50b1349b2f6100dd6.png

another one here too. image.png.69a5675ba99e9b3b54355ca177b35b74.png

Noted. Still does not specifically say the reason being that Luka did not have in interest in playing for the Hawks, but more so Luka didn't fit the Atlanta 'culture'

Example: Dallas wasn't interested in Trae they would have taken Bamba instead, so he's correct that Trae would not be in Dallas, not that Trae wasn't interested in going there.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Noted. Still does not specifically say the reason being that Luka did not have in interest in playing for the Hawks, but more so Luka didn't fit the Atlanta 'culture'

Example: Dallas wasn't interested in Trae they would have taken Bamba instead, so he's correct that Trae would not be in Dallas, not that Trae wasn't interested in going there.

Those tweets are consistent with a view that TS wanted Trae all along and was never going to take anyone else if Trae was on the board.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Those tweets are consistent with a view that TS wanted Trae all along and was never going to take anyone else if Trae was on the board.

Which is true. Travis wanted Trae. As did LP. The owner wanted Luka but was fine with Trae. Peterson and the scouts wanted JJJ.