• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Final and most-bottom line of the *real* 2021-22 Hawks (regular season edition)

sturt

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Let me post 2 graphics that should tell the tale:

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

This is not an accurate representation

Wait. I'm confused. Which is it???

...hehe... just having fun, camp...

Indeed, your explanation is stout. I would only add that your explanation is indicative of an important void in the analysis...

That is, there are factors that even this attempt does not take into account, namely how many different players cycle through the roster, inherently meaning you're stirring into the recipe different spices on different nights, and completely working against familiarity and chemistry... and as you seem to point toward, it matters how acute the setback is... two teams could have the exact same number of man-games lost, but if it's spread over the course of 50 games for one, and over 25 games for the other, it both could be that the former team is more affected b/c of the number of games enduring the talent-loss, or could be that they're less affected b/c the talent-loss was lighter in comparison for any given game.

So, I propose that ultimately the "right" comparison for us or any other team is simply "with" vs. "without" (as suggested by the graphic)... what was your team's record with their starting line-up composed of players expected to, at least, be part of the rotation as the season started versus without, ie, having to fill one or more holes with players who were not expected to be part of the rotation.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, thecampster said:

There are 2 takeaways here: 

1) some teams are just better than everyone else (Phoenix lost over 300 man games (7th most) and has a sizeable lost win share bubble (3rd biggest) but has the best record in the league.

My question here is.....does the Suns 300 man hours include Dario Saric's 82 games this season? He was out since last July with an ACL. The Suns applied and received a DPE which (I think) they used to get a replacement player....so seems like double dipping to me :ph34r:

• Like 1