• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Implications of BOS making NBA Finals to ATL front office are substantial

sturt

• Moderators

I'll chime in to say "good for Al."  I will always hate the Celtics and so don't wish them well as a fan but I'm not going to hate a former Hawk just because he is on a team I hate.  And while I didn't love the way Horford left town, he also didn't burn down the all the bridges for me.  Kind of let his family trash the team rather than do it himself and was very notably late coming to thank the fans, etc. (while his sister and dad were trashing the team presumably with his blessing) despite being out of the gate immediately with Celtic love so I don't cheer for him the way I would someone like Sap or JJ, etc. but he was a huge part of those Hawk teams and I was a big fan of his game when he was here.  Kind of wish him the best in this series while rooting for a GS sweep and feeling really sorry for Spud that this abomination of a series is happening.  Kind of his own personal worst case scenario for the NBA playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'll chime in to say "good for Al."  I will always hate the Celtics and so don't wish them well as a fan but I'm not going to hate a former Hawk just because he is on a team I hate.  And while I didn't love the way Horford left town, he also didn't burn down the all the bridges for me.  Kind of let his family trash the team rather than do it himself and was very notably late coming to thank the fans, etc. (while his sister and dad were trashing the team presumably with his blessing) despite being out of the gate immediately with Celtic love so I don't cheer for him the way I would someone like Sap or JJ, etc. but he was a huge part of those Hawk teams and I was a big fan of his game when he was here.  Kind of wish him the best in this series while rooting for a GS sweep and feeling really sorry for Spud that this abomination of a series is happening.  Kind of his own personal worst case scenario for the NBA playoffs.

:good: