• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More Staggered than Off Ball

Diesel

• Premium Member

Listening to them talk to Nate.  I think I know what Nate's plan is with DejounTrae...

It's going to be More staggered than off ball for Trae Play.

I heard him say a few things:

1.  He referred to Trae as  "That's 29 and 10 over there.   We're not going to miss opportunities to put the ball in his hands". 

2.  He talked about the difference between having Bogi and not have Bogi when talking about staggering DM and Trae. 

Somehow, I get the feeling that Bogi will play a large amount of minutes at the 2 and will play with Both Trae and DM.

I don't know if that's what the fanbase was thinking when we traded for DM.   i.e. a replacement for Kev.

He also mentioned having DeAndre bringing the ball up and getting us into offensive sets.

I think it’s all accurate.
Our starting backcourt will be Trae and Murray, our end of game backcourt will be Trae and Murray. So they WILL have plenty of minutes next to each other where they alternate playing off the ball.

Meanwhile, they are also going to be staggered in the middle of games and both will have the ball in their hands to run the same sets they have always had success with. 

Idk if anyone believed Murray was Kev’s replacement more than he is a straight up upgrade over Kev, as he allows us to do way more offensively and defensively. They don’t compare other than playing in the backcourt next to Trae. Murray is most like if we found a supercharged version of Delon  Wright and made him a starter.

Dre bringing the ball up also makes sense. For the times in the game where Trae and Murray are staggered, defenses can go back to loading up on the ball carrier. Having Dre as an option is smart, otherwise we run in to same issues we had before and look inept. Also makes sense considering Bogi may miss some time to start the season as he is our other capable ball handler. 

I think the biggest takeaway is that if I’m Aaron Holiday, it seems like they’re giving everyone else a chance to have the ball in their hands and not the guy who on paper is the backup PG.

Edited by RedDawg#8