• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is going to make us dangerous this season is not depending on the three ball so much.

Wurider05

1000% we would have lost this game last year.   Maybe game 1 too.  We routinely gave up 120+ to bad teams.  If our offense didn't dominate we would usually lose.  Plus Trae had to work SO HARD every game to create and initiate our entire offense. 

We've closed a lot of our gaps defensively.  We replaced Heurter and Gallo with adequate defenders.  Trae is like the only remaining bad defender, but he's better so far this year.  Likely b/c he doesn't have to work as hard on O.  I think the team is also feeding off of Murray and it's inspiring them to play harder on D.

Bogi is the only bad defender left but he can hopefully cancel it out on offense.  

Regardless we will need to start making some 3's. Next 15 games after Charlotte are brutal.

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 3

Also to your original point, I do like that we aren't so dependent on the 3.  Contrary to what the analytics say, shooting 33% from three is NOT the same as 50% from 2.  Reason being is that when you have a made basket, your team gets back and gets set defensively.  When you miss a three, many times this leads to a fast break or a quick bucket on the other end before your D gets set.  

I think that's something we didn't look into enough when we traded for Murray.  His passing/ballhawking gets us more easy buckets, and he is damn efficient from midrange.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AtLaS said:

I think that's something we didn't look into enough when we traded for Murray.  His passing/ballhawking gets us more easy buckets, and he is damn efficient from midrange.  

I think some discussed it.  He lead the league in steals last year. 

I'm just way more impressed with his all around game.  I didn't watch him a lot last year and was just thinking he was an all star replacement, but this kid is a true two way all star point guard.

I would say the transition offense is the biggest difference. While we were the best team in the NBA in the half court last year, we were the worst transition team and our defense in transition was awful. Changing these items to strengths is what will make us great. Our half court offense hasn't been good yet this year outside of the Bucks preseason games but it will eventually get there once we get more chemistry 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think some discussed it.  He lead the league in steals last year. 

I'm just way more impressed with his all around game.  I didn't watch him a lot last year and was just thinking he was an all star replacement, but this kid is a true two way all star point guard.

You thought he was just another Millsap. Honestly, rhats what I was expecting too. He's a much better player than what I saw in SA. Him and DeRozan were kinda underused. 

• Like 1