• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Atlanta Hawks are averaging the fewest passes per game in NBA history

NBASupes

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can someone post the current stats? Please and Thanks.

Took another look at the article.. lots of hyperbole.      It said 

far this season, the Hawks are averaging just 240.3 passes per game, lowest in the league by an enormous margin and the lowest total since player tracking statistics became available in the 2013-14 season.

The stat isn't even ten years old and somebody said that we were the worst in "NBA HISTORY".  Great to know that agendas still exist. 

Secondly.. what does that stat mean???  It doesn't seem to mean a whole lot.. yeah, we're the worst in the league... but on the bottom half of the league with us is Boston, Milwaukee, Cleveland, and Dallas. 

Off top, I guess it means that we play a lot more Iso-ball and one pass shots... to which I would say we do need to get better.   We all like ball movement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I know someone mentioned wasted possessions but we do have the third least turnovers in the league as a team, so there’s that. Less passes = less turnovers.  

It’s really just a risk/reward thing and our offense under Nate is super risk averse which has also bitten us before.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Makes me wonder.  In football, every team from the termites to the majors, have plays that are run.  Many plays.  Just how many offensive plays do the Hawks have?  Who calls the plays?  Do they come from the PG?  The head coach?  

Watch a major league baseball game.  Watch a little league game.  Plays are called all the time throughout the game.  A lot of what happens depends on the plays called and the execution of these plays.

I bring all this up to ask, "Who was calling all the plays in last night's 4th quarter?  Question:  "What is it called when someone does the same thing, over and over, and expects different results?"

:cry: