The Atlanta Hawks are averaging the fewest passes per game in NBA history

NBASupes

• Premium Member
On 11/1/2022 at 12:16 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I railed against this whole mid-range shots and attacking mismatches in the early part of last season as well - now here we are, AGAIN.  There is nothing imaginative and intuitive about Nate's offense. 

If you going to be a midrange team you need to take more of them and hit at a higher percentage.  We aren't getting to the free throw line except Trae.

People want Trae offball?  AND I JUST DON'T MEAN FOR HIM TO RELOCATE WHEN HE GIVES UP THE BALL WHICH HE DEFINITELY HAS TO DO ? Trae off ball has been about Murray ISO dribble. No player or ball movement by ANYONE!

I expected to see some very specific sets to put Trae in CnS opportunities off ball.  And this isn't about running him like Curry, he isn't that, but if you want him truly off ball and not just someone else bringing the ball upcourt just to give it back to him.  Run an actual play with a screen, back screens, what angle is he going to come off screens, how tight will he come off a screen, INTENTIONALLY AND PURPOSEFULLY screen him open and get him in scoring position.

For that to happen, you have to have that play in your book, since it's about timing and positioning of the screens, who is the screener, how many screens, and who is getting him the ball. This is Nate's Play Book:

giphy.gif

I'll just repost this here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Different NBA though. Wasting possessions was extremely normal in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. Today, possession wasting will kill you.

BS....

First off, this is not a fight over eras... Again, find any guard combo that averaged/averages 17 apg.  I already gave you steph/draymond.  I also gave you CJ/Dame.  

BTW... CP3/Harden falls short too...

I'll wait while you trudge through the eras...

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hawks should watch tape of the 2014-2015 60 win Hawks. Man, did they play great team basketball. 

That was a different style team that had a different type of offense.   They didn't have a guy who could get you the ball in your spot consistently.  The offense was 4 guys on the perimeter and one guy working inside. 

So let's envision...

Trae, DJM, Collins, and Hunter are on the perimeter...  Clint on down low working inside...  Passing probably increases but we will lose ... and a lot.  
How do you know Diesel?  Because that's what we did in the playoffs last year...

Kev, Hunter, Trae, and Delon were on the perimeter...    Gallo or OO was working inside.  And we got pummelled.. because the heat forced the ball out of Trae's hands and lived with us trying to beat them from the perimeter. 

Moreover, I don't want Hunter trying to pass.   I don't want Clint trying to hit the open man.  He's not freakin Jokic.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

BS....

First off, this is not a fight over eras... Again, find any guard combo that averaged/averages 17 apg.  I already gave you steph/draymond.  I also gave you CJ/Dame.  

BTW... CP3/Harden falls short too...

I'll wait while you trudge through the eras...

This is why we always disagree. Things that are common sense to me are a foreign concept to you. It's extremely strange. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Trae and DJM take the heat for this, but they aren't the only ball stoppers on the team.  Hunter never passes, Clint never passes.  Collins is the only frontcourt player who will give it up to a teammate with a better shot,

Facts.  Not to mention Hunter and Collins are sub par ball handlers.  I'm hoping as Jalen improves it will open things up for us because his passing ability and vision would really help.  AJ has shown signs of knowing how to penetrate and kick.  

• Like 2