• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DNA - What are we made of?

akay

• Premium Member

So I recall in an interview with Landry Fields somewhere that the new FO is looking to fill our team up with players that exemplify Hawks DNA, and recently saw Landry re-tweeting AJ's rising star selection with the #HawksDNA tag.

Assume we have 4 guys locked down right now who are our cornerstones and presumably have the DNA Landry is looking to fill the roster out of 

* Trae - Skilled in terms of scoring and playmaking. Tenacious worker with a chip on his shoulder, nice guy

* DJ - Skilled in terms of perimeter defense, playmaking, leadership. Tenacious worker always looking to improve, nice guy

* AJ - Skilled in terms of scoring efficiently from all 3 levels, athletic and able to make plays. Clear hard worker, nice guy

* Hunter - Skilled in terms of perimeter defense, and shooting. Nice guy always smiling

* JJ - Skilled playmaker in transition, nice guy

So from my assumptions, Hawks DNA encompasses the following few things:

• Must be skilled in some way and able to contribute on the floor without relying on athleticism (I don't think we'll be drafting any projects moving forward)
  • Desire to win engulfs their being
  • Nice people who don't cause rifts in the locker room 

These are my quick thoughts about what HawksDNA can mean, what do yall think? 🐦

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 11 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 2/6/2023 at 3:23 PM, akay said:

Hunter - Skilled in terms of perimeter defense, and shooting. Nice guy always smiling

Is this part a joke?  Hes always somber looking, rarely smiles.  Generally has kind of a neutral to slightly negative attitude imo 

• Premium Member
On 2/6/2023 at 3:23 PM, akay said:

So I recall in an interview with Landry Fields somewhere that the new FO is looking to fill our team up with players that exemplify Hawks DNA, and recently saw Landry re-tweeting AJ's rising star selection with the #HawksDNA tag.

Assume we have 4 guys locked down right now who are our cornerstones and presumably have the DNA Landry is looking to fill the roster out of 

* Trae - Skilled in terms of scoring and playmaking. Tenacious worker with a chip on his shoulder, nice guy

* DJ - Skilled in terms of perimeter defense, playmaking, leadership. Tenacious worker always looking to improve, nice guy

* AJ - Skilled in terms of scoring efficiently from all 3 levels, athletic and able to make plays. Clear hard worker, nice guy

* Hunter - Skilled in terms of perimeter defense, and shooting. Nice guy always smiling

* JJ - Skilled playmaker in transition, nice guy

So from my assumptions, Hawks DNA encompasses the following few things:

• Must be skilled in some way and able to contribute on the floor without relying on athleticism (I don't think we'll be drafting any projects moving forward)
  • Desire to win engulfs their being
  • Nice people who don't cause rifts in the locker room 

These are my quick thoughts about what HawksDNA can mean, what do yall think? 🐦

From Landrys presser and the things they are trying to push, Hawks DNA is team-first type attitude, make the right play, play unselfish, work hard, have positive intent, etc.  and for hard skills: dribbling, passing, and shooting.