• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll for the Day... The Big What IF...

Diesel

What do you do??  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

I think we all need to look at the standings and be honest that we are going to be in the play in.   The best thing we can do is play AJ, JJ some big minutes and I'd like to see what Garrison and Vit bring.  

Our chances of making it to the 6th seed are very slim.

So why does this matter?   

Because if we get into the real playoffs we have first round matchups with either Bucks or Celtics and barring injury that's not going our way.  (geez when did i become so negative lol)

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Because if we get into the real playoffs we have first round matchups with either Bucks or Celtics and barring injury that's not going our way.  (geez when did i become so negative lol)

Welcome to the dark side my young padawan.

• Premium Member

I'm not knocking you for having an opinion.  I was just trying to follow the logic. 

It saddens me that if a guy steps up and does the job well, better than his predecessor and better than anybody could have predicted.. that people would not want him to have the job because:

1.  He's an assistant. 

2.  He's not a SPLASHY hire. 

3.   What happened to the team the last time they were in this position.

Now, if you want to prejudge Prunty.. that's on you.  You have that right.  But the logic is what I'm asking about. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not knocking you for having an opinion.  I was just trying to follow the logic. 

It saddens me that if a guy steps up and does the job well, better than his predecessor and better than anybody could have predicted.. that people would not want him to have the job because:

1.  He's an assistant. 

2.  He's not a SPLASHY hire. 

3.   What happened to the team the last time they were in this position.

Now, if you want to prejudge Prunty.. that's on you.  You have that right.  But the logic is what I'm asking about. 

But i'm not prejudging him.   I'm judging him on his current track record for what 15-20 years in the league.   If you were interviewing right now for the job would you have him on the list?   

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But i'm not prejudging him.   I'm judging him on his current track record for what 15-20 years in the league.   If you were interviewing right now for the job would you have him on the list?   

RIght now is not the end of the season.

My question asked if he showed that he could win with our team as is...

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I guess i'd add @Diesel that your logic is how Chris Crawford got a big contract.  Was his performance great? Yes.  Was it enough of a sample size to overlook the rest of his resume?  No. 

Coaching and Playing are two different things. 

Coaching requires getting players to play...

Anybody can hit 6 3pters in a half. 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Coaching and Playing are two different things. 

Coaching requires getting players to play...

Anybody can hit 6 3pters in a half. 

Anybody can motivate a team to play hard for a few weeks.  It's a honeymoon period.   I'd really caution using that as the sole evaluator. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Anybody can motivate a team to play hard for a few weeks.  It's a honeymoon period.   I'd really caution using that as the sole evaluator. 

If it's not there, it's not there. If what you say were possible then there would be several teams who didn't mind breaking up continuity to get some of this Honeymoon period love.  I can see it now:

" Boston has fired Coach Mazzula..  "

"It makes sense Joe, they will get some of that Honeymoon Love and it might take them to the finals!"

@macdaddy  I think you're on to something.   We have to get that honeymoon love to Shuri in Wakanda and see if she can frabricate it.   If we can sell that stuff!!!  Damn, we'd be Trillionaires..  Honeymoon Love.TM

That kind of thinking is what led people to believe that our ECFs trip was a FLUKE.

Nah.

Nobody just Flukes into the Conference finals!  It has never happened and it doesn't.  The last 4 teams are usually there because they have the talent to be there. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

If it's not there, it's not there. If what you say were possible then there would be several teams who didn't mind breaking up continuity to get some of this Honeymoon period love.  I can see it now:

" Boston has fired Coach Mazzula..  "

"It makes sense Joe, they will get some of that Honeymoon Love and it might take them to the finals!"

@macdaddy  I think you're on to something.   We have to get that honeymoon love to Shuri in Wakanda and see if she can frabricate it.   If we can sell that stuff!!!  Damn, we'd be Trillionaires..  Honeymoon Love.TM

That kind of thinking is what led people to believe that our ECFs trip was a FLUKE.

Nah.

Nobody just Flukes into the Conference finals!  It has never happened and it doesn't.  The last 4 teams are usually there because they have the talent to be there. 

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Are you day drinking?  It's pretty well established that under performing teams who don't like their coach usually perform better right after he's gone.  I don't think i'm winning a nobel prize for this theory.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Are you day drinking?  It's pretty well established that under performing teams who don't like their coach usually perform better right after he's gone.  I don't think i'm winning a nobel prize for this theory.  

How many go to the conference finals?

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

right, that's covered in Sports Fan 101.

Also, @Diesel doesn't day drink, he day posts which is even worse.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I

lol it was definitely a fluke.  probably the flukiest conference finals run in playoff history.  The team's performance before and after that run have more than solidified that point.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You thank Prunty for his time and move on to Snyder.  

You know @KB21 I wonder.   I see you are Snyder's biggest fan.  Having considered the given scenerio.. we have been successful under Prunty... let's say 18-5.   We get to the ECF and lose in 6...   Do you still have the same energy to thank Prunty and Move on.. if the FO's choice is not Snyder?  If Snyder says Thanks but I'm waiting for the San Antonio job.. And we're left with Frank Vogel or Ime Udoka or Charles Lee  and Prunty.. Do you still have that same energy to say to Prunty.. Thank you for your time and move on to Frank Vogel..

Or is this just about Snyder?