• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Days to Come....

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's a rough stretch still.   GS has been on their game of late... I will watch them tonight.  We have a very tough stretch even with Detroit on the schedule. I don't know what Cavs team we will face.. and we have another shot at Minny.

However, if we have to be in the playin...  

I would much rather be in the 7-8 game... and would love to play Brooklyn. 

The key is to stay the hell away from Philly and NY in the first round. 

If we get Boston in the first round.   It seems like a beat down coming, but if we can somehow learn to defend the perimeter..  Run the shooters off the line... I think we have a better chance against them.   Their inside play is not as strong as the other elites in the East. 

Of course Tatum and Brown is a problem... but I'd much rather see that than to see Embiid right away.

I know a lot of us have given up on this team.  I think we're still learning.  I believe that we are the type of team that can pull it together for the playoffs and make a run. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

But he eliminated them back to back a couple seasons ago! I’m not ducking anybody. Bring whoever.

I know that we will see them eventually on the way to the title, but right now both of those teams have very high momentum.  They have figured it out.  They even have the refs.   I like a road that starts with Boston better. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I know that we will see them eventually on the way to the title, but right now both of those teams have very high momentum.  They have figured it out.  They even have the refs.   I like a road that starts with Boston better. 

Do you think Philly and the Knicks will both be good come playoff time? I’m just asking because they are a bit different in that the Knicks got Brunson and the Sixers got rid of Ben..

But I dunno, specially the Sixers. I think you can game plan to beat them easier come playoff time. I may be wrong.

• Like 1

Hawks must step up their offense and defense.  

Average points scored - - - 117.2

Average points allowed - - 117.5

I'm sure the last two games contributed to this .3 point spread.  Hawks seem to be doing 2X2 with their games.  Therefore, I expect two victories!  We've had a mini break.  Hope it helps.

:smug:

• Like 1

Right now as surprising as it may sound I think our best current 1st round match up will be against Milwaukee.

We've done a pretty good job of going toe to toe with them (atleast under Nate) and if coach Quinn utilizes the old staff correctly to keep that edge it might give us the momentum and confidence needed to keep propelling forward.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 3/16/2023 at 1:39 PM, sillent said:

Right now as surprising as it may sound I think our best current 1st round match up will be against Milwaukee.

We've done a pretty good job of going toe to toe with them (atleast under Nate) and if coach Quinn utilizes the old staff correctly to keep that edge it might give us the momentum and confidence needed to keep propelling forward.

I really don't want to be in the situation where we have to play Milwaukee first.   That means at least 2 play-in games before we see them.  I would rather start with Boston in the first round.  They offer less defensive resistance... and they live by the three. 

With Milwaukee, I don't know if we have seen them at full strength.    They are scary Big. 

But I don't want to see NY or Philly... NY is deep and Physical.  Philly has figured it out a little. 

For what it's work, I would like to see Miami playing Philly in the opening round and NY playing Cleveland.  Us playing Boston and Brooklyn or Toronto playing Milwaukee. 

That gives us a good shot. 

If and when we make the playoffs, after the play-in games, I trust no one.  They are all good or they wouldn't make the playoffs.  But, on the other hand, we will be pretty good if we make it.  Let them worry about us!

:smug:

• Premium Member

Brooklyn is 5-7 since the deadline.

Miami is just one game better than us in the loss column, having lost tonight to CHI, and has 6 of their remaining 10 on the road.

Too much to expect, but if Brooklyn continues that pace, they'll end up with 38 losses.

If that happens, and if we were to go on a run right now, it's doable to pull out a 6th slot by a nose.

Even if we were to repeat as Play-In champs, I still feel like it's a death sentence to go into the playoffs having had one or two high-leverage games, then immediately going into a playoff series on the home court of the #1 or #2... not because the #1 or #2 are so much better, but that they are so much better off,  having had all that rest and all that lesser risk of player injury.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, sturt said:

ven if we were to repeat as Play-In champs, I still feel like it's a death sentence to go into the playoffs having had one or two high-leverage games, then immediately going into a playoff series on the home court of the #1 or #2... not because the #1 or #2 are so much better, but that they are so much better off,  having had all that rest and all that lesser risk of player injury.

Well, our experience in that was going into the playoffs missing our starting C and PF.   People look at our loss to Miami and always forget that we loss Clint in the Playin game to injury and limped out of it.   Having a healthy team may not have changed the outcome, but I think we would have played a whole lot better.   Gallo wasn't about to be a PNR finisher....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 3/15/2023 at 11:19 AM, Diesel said:

It's a rough stretch still.   GS has been on their game of late... I will watch them tonight.  We have a very tough stretch even with Detroit on the schedule. I don't know what Cavs team we will face.. and we have another shot at Minny.

However, if we have to be in the playin...  

I would much rather be in the 7-8 game... and would love to play Brooklyn. 

The key is to stay the hell away from Philly and NY in the first round. 

If we get Boston in the first round.   It seems like a beat down coming, but if we can somehow learn to defend the perimeter..  Run the shooters off the line... I think we have a better chance against them.   Their inside play is not as strong as the other elites in the East. 

Of course Tatum and Brown is a problem... but I'd much rather see that than to see Embiid right away.

I know a lot of us have given up on this team.  I think we're still learning.  I believe that we are the type of team that can pull it together for the playoffs and make a run. 

Raise your hand if you had NYK to be on pace for 47 wins this season (???).

I mean, when we beat them like a rented mule almost 2 months ago to this day and they were just a little better than .500, I thought they would go the exact opposite direction by now.

Raise your hand if you had SAC to be on pace for 50 (!) wins this season (???).

We took them both home and away.

Then, I read this quote by the SAC PG just now...

2023-03-21_12-46-49.png

And I keep thinking, "Why not us? What's to prevent us from finally turning a corner before this season's done?"

• Like 1