• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it possible to keep Murray and Bey long term?

swanlee

I really think both will be keys to our long term success especially now with Snyder running things.

Given the contracts they might command can we keep rhem long-term?

Also Id still like to keep JC. The only core starter I would not care trading is Hunter.

So does anyone think its realistic to most keep our top 10 intact?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, swanlee said:

I really think both will be keys to our long term success especially now with Snyder running things.

Given the contracts they might command can we keep rhem long-term?

Also Id still like to keep JC. The only core starter I would not care trading is Hunter.

So does anyone think its realistic to most keep our top 10 intact?

Anything is possible if the Owner is willing to pay the tax of which I have zero confidence he will.

• Like 2

We aren’t going to be able to give Murray a max contract, and Bey wants Hunter money (4 years, 90-100 mil) so it’s gonna be tough. Murray would probably have to sign a contract at most of 120Mil if he wants to stay here, and I doubt anyone will give Bey him that much money but I may be wrong. Hawks may have to go to the luxury tax and move a guy (probably Hunter or Collins, I assume Capela is gone for Okongwu). It’s gonna be difficult either way. 

it would be awful if murray just left in free agency after basically 2 years. We wasted those picks for nothing. This year was a wash and we don’t know what will happen next season.

I think we re-sign DJM. He is played the most out of all players this season. That is a big sign that he is valued in the organization. I think Bey is DEFINITELY worth it to re-sign but it will take some negotiation to get something done that works for both sides. 

Here's my prediction % of re-signing or keeping long term at least through next season:

DJM 80%
Bey  60%
Hunter 50%
Collins 40%
Capela 70%
Bogi 100%
Trae 100%
OO 100%
AJ Griffin 90%
JJ 80%
Aaron Holiday 30%
Other Bench 30%

Collins value is very low but he has shown an improvement in the 3 pt shooting which essentially he has to in order to prove he wasn't replaced by Capela. Capela really took away from JC's thunder years ago.

Judging by my percentages I believe our core is:

Trae
DJM
Bogi
AJ
JJ
OO
Capela

That team is still a mixed bag defensively but it has some decent 3 pt % if DJM & OO can increase shots there. Hunter and JC absolutely are needed as pieces in trade to upgrade defensively. I'm not sold on either to be a average or above average nightly contributor moving forward.

Edited by theheroatl

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who do you have in mind?

I'd like to see Kyle Anderson & KAT for JC and DeAndre but that is a dream. They might bite if we throw in some assets. We might have to... *GASP* include JJ in exchange for a scrub.

Wolves are 9th in standings and they might want to shake things up.

image.thumb.png.ee84b910ece99c8537d31150f83df2ea.png

Edited by theheroatl

The hero Atl:  Veto!  Collins and Hunhter = KAT.  This works too, I'll bet.  Now we have too many centers if we do not move 0017 to PF.  JJ stays here.  I hope he does.  He's part of the young core of Hawks.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I'd like to see Kyle Anderson & KAT for JC and DeAndre but that is a dream. They might bite if we throw in some assets. We might have to... *GASP* include JJ in exchange for a scrub.

Wolves are 9th in standings and they might want to shake things up.

image.thumb.png.ee84b910ece99c8537d31150f83df2ea.png

You said upgrade defensively???? 😕 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Here's my prediction % of re-signing or keeping long term at least through next season:

DJM 80%
Bey  60%
Hunter 50%
Collins 40%
Capela 70%
Bogi 100%
Trae 100%
OO 100%
AJ Griffin 90%
JJ 80%
Aaron Holiday 30%
Other Bench 30

I agree with most of these, but no one is at 100%, not even Trae -- to be honest, I think it's more likely that we trade Trae than DJ.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

We aren’t going to be able to give Murray a max contract, and Bey wants Hunter money (4 years, 90-100 mil) so it’s gonna be tough. Murray would probably have to sign a contract at most of 120Mil if he wants to stay here, and I doubt anyone will give Bey him that much money but I may be wrong. Hawks may have to go to the luxury tax and move a guy (probably Hunter or Collins, I assume Capela is gone for Okongwu). It’s gonna be difficult either way. 

it would be awful if murray just left in free agency after basically 2 years. We wasted those picks for nothing. This year was a wash and we don’t know what will happen next season.

Here's what I posted a week ago...Just food for thought.

Impact of new CBA on DJ!

He only has 1 year left next season 2023/24 at $17.7 million.

Under the old CBA, an extension of his existing contract would start at 120% for $21.2 million.

Under the new CBA, an extension of his existing contract would start at 140% for $24.7 million.

Thinking out loud.............with the new TV deal starting in 2025 with a possible salary cap at $175 million (with max slots at $43.75, $52.5, $61.25)....would DJ consider a shorter term extention to his current contract to take advantage of this new cap?

Would he sign a 2 year extension (1+1) with an opt-out for the 2025 Bonanza?

If he gets to free agency after the 2024 season, the projected salary cap is $143 million (with max slots at $35.7, $42.9, $50) [AND NO, I AM NOT ADVOCATING GIVING HIM A MAX].....so would he forego approx $7 million (I'm guessiing he'll get at least $30 million in FAcy) for 1 year in 2024/25 for a potentially bigger payday in 2025?

Lots for him to consider.