• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

JC/Steph mini-feud?

sturt

• Premium Member

Anyone remember when we beat GSW a few weeks ago... Steph being asked what happened, and the first words out of his mouth were (paraphrasing) "Well, you just don't anticipate John Collins being such a force."

hehe

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Context and the entire QnA is everything:

Trae Young was heavily compared to Stephen Curry early in his career. Did you ever buy into it?

(Laughing) A small, light-skinned guard that can shoot the deep 3s. The NBA loves to compare.

Now, Trae has definitely pushed himself into his own category. I can definitely say for sure that he’s a way better playmaker than Steph and he’s a better isolation scorer, right? But obviously, there’s different things that he does better and Steph does better. I just feel like, at this point in the league, they do have similarities in the oohs and the ahhs when they hit a crazy 3, cross somebody up. I can say that they are similar (that way).

But be that as it may, Trae Young is his own person and his own guy stepping into his own in the league. It’s great to be compared to a guy like that. (But) I feel like he wants to make his own name.

• Thanks 2