• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll of the Day 4-19

Diesel

Would the Hawks still be down 0-2 to the Celtics if we had Draymond as our Starting PF instead of JC...  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He does but his spacing value is worse than JC. We don't have Steph and Klay

Offense is an issue.. but Defense is a problem.   Derrick White gets layups whenever he wants.  Tatum is just taking Clint and anybody to school whenever he wants.  They are dialing up Williams III vs Bogi whenever they want.  JC's fault is he is about 2 feet off of shooters  and wonder why they are draining threes.

• Moderators

Wouldn't we want to switch Green for CC in this series?  CC has negative value when Robert Williams isn't on the floor.  He isn't impacting the game defensively and really hurts the team offensively.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wouldn't we want to switch Green for CC in this series?  CC has negative value when Robert Williams isn't on the floor.  He isn't impacting the game defensively and really hurts the team offensively.

Maybe.  But I think JC's defense has been equally nonexistent.

My thought about Green is that He thinks defense.   I believe the same of CC.  I think our defensive woes is really our defensive coordinator.   Longabardi or whatever his name is.. is not that good.   We saw several times last night where Boston was able to dial up Williams vs. Bogi in the post.   Williams basically pushed Bogi out of the way and called for the ball. 

I'm not a defensive coach but I believe that you are f----- up when you're wasting OO having him cover Horford and leaving Bogi to cover the lane.   And this is why when CC came back in he had to look at DJ and ask him ... what the hell are we doing.   This is why CC makes the astute comment before the game that Boston is hard to defense because Al Horford draws me out of the paint.   That statement is not about how great Al Horford is.. You put Bogi on Horford and leave CC inside and problem solved.   The statement is really about how dumb our defensive scheme is that we're tracking Al Horford outside with Our best rim protectors and wondering why 6'5 Derrick Whie is just walking his man into the paint and shooting over him like he was an 8th grader.

FIRE LONGABARDI TODAY..  RIGHT NOW...

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Maybe.  But I think JC's defense has been equally nonexistent.

My thought about Green is that He thinks defense.   I believe the same of CC.  I think our defensive woes is really our defensive coordinator.   Longabardi or whatever his name is.. is not that good.   We saw several times last night where Boston was able to dial up Williams vs. Bogi in the post.   Williams basically pushed Bogi out of the way and called for the ball. 

I'm not a defensive coach but I believe that you are f----- up when you're wasting OO having him cover Horford and leaving Bogi to cover the lane.   And this is why when CC came back in he had to look at DJ and ask him ... what the hell are we doing.   This is why CC makes the astute comment before the game that Boston is hard to defense because Al Horford draws me out of the paint.   That statement is not about how great Al Horford is.. You put Bogi on Horford and leave CC inside and problem solved.   The statement is really about how dumb our defensive scheme is that we're tracking Al Horford outside with Our best rim protectors and wondering why 6'5 Derrick Whie is just walking his man into the paint and shooting over him like he was an 8th grader.

FIRE LONGABARDI TODAY..  RIGHT NOW...

The problem with putting Bogi on Horford and leaving CC inside is the "leaving CC inside" part.  When they are playing Tatum, Brown, White and Smart who of those is CC going to mark?  Smart is not a real offensive threat but give him that big of a speed advantage and throw in a couple of picks and CC is going to be burnt toast trying to keep up with any of those guys.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, AHF said:

The problem with putting Bogi on Horford and leaving CC inside is the "leaving CC inside" part.  When they are playing Tatum, Brown, White and Smart who of those is CC going to mark?  Smart is not a real offensive threat but give him that big of a speed advantage and throw in a couple of picks and CC is going to be burnt toast trying to keep up with any of those guys.

The thing is, I'm not moving CC out of the paint. 

Last night CC was toast because he was trying to cover guys coming downhill with him...  When he kept his place, he was more effective.

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2023/04/18/0042200112/33/9ecbe3c5-d7e0-1af6-7d05-fa7bbea0a427_1280x720.mp4