• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do it 5-9?

Diesel

Would you do the following trade?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no.  Too injured and too expensive.
IF he played most of the games the next two years, he'd be just what the doctor ordered, however, but that won't happen IMHO.
And, if he didn't play often, then we'd be giving up our 2024 pick, which would likely be a high lottery pick given that we'd have played the season without JC, Dre or Leonard. 

But your thinking is reasonable.  We may need to take a chance on someone like him.  Just not him.

24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png

This one is interesting to me.  

Pros:  

• Efficient scorer
  • Elite player still (even if on backside of career)
  • Solid defender
  • Championship experience

Cons:

• Health: once again a player that seems to have several DNPs every year due to injuries. Coming off an ACL and not getting any younger
  • Age: he'll be 32 this year and we are trading a youngish player in Hunter
  • Contract:  One year left with a player option for the second
  • Desire:  Does he actually want to be in Atlanta and would he care about the team / lead the team?  Would he work with Trae?  

Overall, this is hard for me because I've always loved Kawhi and wanted him on my team.  But given his age and health issues, I'm not sure if this is a slam dunk.  We are still giving up a lot in JC and Hunter plus a pick. But IF he's healthy and IF he's bought into being on the east coast on a team like the Hawks, then it's a no brainer for me.  I'm just not sure if the answer to those two questions is affirmative. 

Verdict:  I'd probably gamble and do this deal, realizing that there's a decent change it blows up in my face.  But, to me, Kawhi is worth the risk.  

Edited by REHawksFan

• Premium Member

absolutely not.   He's untouchable due to his attitude and injuries.   Wouldn't take him for free + what it does to your salary cap.