• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mighty 9....

Diesel

• Premium Member

As in 9 man rotation...

Trae, DJ, Dre, Bey, CC

Mills, Bogi, JJ, OO

I guess this is what it will be.  It doesn't feel right to leave AJ off the rotation.   Especially if Landry is not a fan of Dre. 

2nd Attempt...

Trae, DJ, AJ, Dre, CC

Mills, Bogi, Bey, OO

If JJ is to make it into the mighty 9, another trade will have to happen.

Here's the thing...

The Bogi-Bey combination is super solid.   We rode that combo down the stretch last season.  I believe that both Bey and Bogi are good fits.  In fact, Bogi recently said that the FO told him that they want him to retire as a Hawk!!!  AJ's talent is undeniable.  Dude shot 53% from 3 in college.   Even if our plan is to move Dre, it seems that we have to showcase him.   The CC/OO dynamic is fluid for me.   I don't care who starts but I believe we have a very strong rotation there.   Too many people are either/or on this instead of both/and.   I have always been about both/and. 

There's also a Mills/Bufkin thing that has gone unstated so far but we will see more in the preseason.  Brooklyn treated Mills as if he were done and he might be. 

The good news is that we are deep.   The bad news is that Quin has to figure some things out. 

What's your mighty 9?

I think Mills is the 10th man. Both AJ and JJ are solidly in the 9 man unit.

Mills is the 3rd PG. 

JJ is the only true PF we have on the roster. AJ overlaps more with other players so he would likely be sacrificed first but I don’t see Mills having a bigger role than AJ which is why I think he is safe in the top 9.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think Mills is the 10th man. Both AJ and JJ are solidly in the 9 man unit.

Mills is the 3rd PG. 

JJ is the only true PF we have on the roster. AJ overlaps more with other players so he would likely be sacrificed first but I don’t see Mills having a bigger role than AJ which is why I think he is safe in the top 9.

JJ is not a true PF.   He's a tweener.  So is Bey and Dre is the biggest of the three but softer.

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

JJ is not a true PF.   He's a tweener.  So is Bey and Dre is the biggest of the three but softer.

I will rephrase then. JJ is the most natural PF option we have on the roster.

Dre and Bey are versatile but more natural at SF even though both could cover at the four. JJ is also a better rebounding forward. 

When it comes to size, JJ plays bigger as well.

If we decided to start a combo of Dre and Bey at the 3/4, I would not be mad. But that doesn’t change the fact that JJ is coming in to the game getting minutes as a big, not a wing. 

Not yet anyway.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I will rephrase then. JJ is the most natural PF option we have on the roster.

Dre and Bey are versatile but more natural at SF even though both could cover at the four. JJ is also a better rebounding forward. 

When it comes to size, JJ plays bigger as well.

If we decided to start a combo of Dre and Bey at the 3/4, I would not be mad. But that doesn’t change the fact that JJ is coming in to the game getting minutes as a big, not a wing. 

Not yet anyway.

Even though Dre is the biggest of the three, he has the least amount of Heart...

I need to find this guy...

Heart Captain Planet GIF - Heart Captain Planet - Discover & Share GIFs