• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

List of the Day 8-20 Most Underrated.

Diesel

Most underrated careers that come to mind in no particular order:

• Nique. Period. (the most underrated and overlooked career in sports history).
  • Manu Ginobili. His craftiness, competitiveness, and versatility was the heart and glue to that dynasty. Tim was the quiet superstar, Pop was the brains, and Tony was the drive. Every dynasty needs a Manu and their success is questioned without him.
  • Andrei Kirilenko (AK-47). Ahead of his time. One of the greatest defensive impacts to ever play the game. His offense would’ve excelled in today’s game. 
  • Grant Hill. Health hindered, but even afterwards, he was an impactful versatile player with a high BBIQ. Was underappreciated when he didn’t live up to being the next MJ (the new face of the league).
  • Trae Young. Yes his career is still young, but seeing inferior players propped up over him by the league, media, and fans is a disservice to the game (P.E.R.I.O.D). Trae should be receiving least the same if not more recognition than Luka for what he’s doing. If he adds his defensive pestiness to his game (like he started with Quin last season) and continues his current trajectory, he should be considered as the GOAT PG under 6’9” (top 10 player)! 
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Diesel said:

5 most Underrated players

I did 10 Diesel. I’m a bad boy 👦 😐 I break rules sometimes.. 😂 

Roll out the red carpet for these fine fellas! 😃 

image.gif.e37327a39ad9f3dd3f54c3dbc3099dd8.gif

1. Dale Ellis- Simply put, one of the most dynamic shooter and one of the first and best 3 point marksmen in the league. He was the true Mister Sonic for a 6 or 7 years span in Seattle there in the 80’s. From Marietta, a Georgia boy, 19 year NBA career with only one (1) all star ⭐️ appearance. 

2. Mitch Richmond- Part of the infamous run TMC with Timmy and Chris, Mitch was probably the least popular of the 3 and the least heralded but if you needed a bucket late, the rock 🪨 would be your man. Played 976/1148 games in a 14 year career good for 85% availability. Richmond averaged 22+ points per game in his first 4 seasons without making the all star team. He made the all star team in year 5 for 6 straight years. Nevertheless still underrated to me.

3. Kevin Johnson- Simply put, a smart consistent stud with a beautiful 20 foot shot from around the free throw line. 13 year career and only a 3 time all star ⭐️ but a 5 time all NBA player, that tells you the all star voting screwed him. Most valuable player in 88. Started as a Cav and shipped to the Suns in the swap for Mark Price. Became the mayor of Sacramento as well as a Cal alumn. 

4. Mahmoud Abdul Rauf- The best pure shooter the game of basketball has ever seen. Chris Jackson was absolutely born to shoot. Dude was prolific but due to his religious beliefs and quiet demeanor, the league hid him and tried to stop him from being a star ⭐️. They succeeded. He should have been one of the faces of the league, instead he was pushed aside. Only a decade in the league from 90-99 but should have been so much more. Shame on the league here they dropped the ball with Maqi.

5. Rasheed Wallace-“BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD!!”  😂 Hawk for a night! 20/6 boards/5 blocks through 3 quarters of his only game as a Hawk. Tall, slender, smooth with all the talent in the world. His inner anger and emotions seem to hold him as well as the technical fouls. He was the Draymond of techs before Draymond. Talent wise, probably a top 5-10 player during his time as far as straight raw ability to do everything. An all star in Portland a couple times as well as with the Pistons where he also won a ring in 2004.

6. Antonio McDyess- Dice 🎲 was a bad man. The body of a Lebron at the 4, big strong 💪🏿 kid from Alabama, quiet kid, no mouth to him but he would put players in their places by his play. Just a dominant 4. 16 seasons in the league and only a one time all star ⭐️. Came out in the 95 draft and the 2nd pick, 2 ahead of the aforementioned Sheed! 

7. Otis Thorpe- Alongside Hakeem, he touched the 🚀 frontcourt for many years, before that, the Kings and after the 🚀 he joined the Blazers in the Drexler swap. A MAN! SIMPLY PUT! Dude was just HARD. Head to toe this dude would fight you. 

8. Buck Williams- More of a man than Otis. This dude was a rebounding machine well as an inside enforcer. In his first 7 seasons in the league he average a double double with the first six season average over 12 boards a game and the 7th year, 11.9 rebounds. In his first 6 seasons in the NBA, he played 491/492 games. 😮 That AC Green Ironman stuff.

9. Nique- Our beloved Nique 💗. 1/6 dudes to average 25 points or more for 10 consecutive seasons. The others being Jerry West, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Shaq and Iverson. Yet, the intial NBA’s greatest 50 players released in 96 omitted him which was wrong. When he retired he was the NBA’s 9th beat scorer all time.

10. The Pistons 2 guards 1986-2010 aka Dumars and RIP Hamilton. 2 of the best and least heralded 2 guards. 2 way players and when I say that, their defense was like stick ums! Both were underrated as Isiah and Chauncey got most of the glory, these two just went about their business.. night after night after night.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I'll go...

1. Kyle Korver - I have to say that his three point shooting more than anything else was the catalyst for our team winning 60 games .  
  2. Nique  - the bump off the top 50 all time greats was the biggest snub in NBA history.  He is never respected where he should be because he didn't win a chip.  Whereas Oscar Robertson is on every top 10 list and he only won 1... thanks to Kareem. 
  3. Antonio McDyess - in the age, he was an amazing specimen of everything you would have wanted in a PF.  He could shoot, he could low post, he could defend.   
  4. Tracy McGrady - Wasn't selected to the top 75 players in NBA History... How?   7 times All NBA.  2 time scoring champ... it's not a lot of people that would go ahead of TMac in my opinion. 
  5.  Penny Hardaway - INjuries affected his longevity and ability but this guy was simply very good. 
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'll go...

1. Kyle Korver - I have to say that his three point shooting more than anything else was the catalyst for our team winning 60 games .  

HOT SAUCE!!! So critical for us that year! Wasn’t he flirting with a 50/50/90 season that year (he couldn’t miss)! Threezus!

image.gif.64be334e83f9f31747f65185c86352b3.gif